Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Cantilever\caliper

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • rod, coaster or other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted the best-possible brakes on my non-motor bikes because I have to ride them everywhere, even mixing with city traffic. .....
~

Get some Shimano XT disc...they have, in my opinion, the best modulation and will stop a Mack truck even when wet. Another + about disc is that you will never have to worry about wearing through the sidewall of you rim.

xt disk

iride ..would that be on a norco a line i rode my buds and i was scared of his brakes.i have cheaper disks on my other bike jamis .and my xt v brakes on my norco with mitsu will stop great with good pads even in wet and i always use double walled rims there heavy but i dont see any wear ever even on extreme motor use.

I couldn't vote the way I wanted, as I am fairly old school in my taste- yet I really love my Worksman set-up on the Schwinn/Whizzer:
HD coaster rear and drum front. Though honestly this is the first motored I've used a front brake on... I don't recommend that to anyone, but it's my way of it... :)

i only have frount vbrakes and i use ravx on them thay work awsome stop great in wet weather and dont wear much. if you want maximum stoping power buy the red pads seperatly and put those in.

I put on a front disk and I thought no more worries until coming down from the mountains where I live, I discovered something that felt like brake fade. I touched the brake and it was really hot, enough to color the disk.

My reason for putting on the disk brake was that coming down the hills, I was afraid that the friction on the rim from my old front V-brake was enough to really heat up the rim.

Bicycle brakes are just that, designed to stop a normal bicycle. My engine and touring equipment adds another 50 pounds and I'm a big guy about 210 so I am hard on brakes. I also like to ride pretty fast down some pretty steep hills.

I have a drum brake in the rear that works pretty well, so I'm happy with that but I'm thinking in addition to the front disk, to put the V-brake back on in the front too. This way I always have a fresh brake in the front to use depending on conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back