Best Canidate?

Bozeman55

Local time
4:09 AM
Hey all,
I’m going to be purchasing this kit from gasbike.net:

My question is which frame should I put it on? I have a 29 inch genesis beach cruiser (aluminum frame) and a 26 inch Point Beach beach cruiser (steel frame). What do you all think?
Thank you,
A motorized bike guy

’m going to be purchasing this kit from gasbike.net:
I would be reading up on complaints about "gasbike" before doing ANY business with them...Their "performance" is not exactly "stellar", to say the least...DAMIEN

I would start here and wait for other forum members to also "chime" in as well.

Ps...Most of us would recommend steel frames at all times over aluminum...steel stands up a whole lot better under the stresses that occur through use of a motor on a bicycle.

As Don DAMIEN said, pick steel over aluminum. Aluminum work hardens from vibration and shatters eventually when the atoms line up. As mentioned on wikipedia (take it as you may) "Devices made from aluminum and its alloys, such as aircraft, must be carefully designed to minimize or evenly distribute flexure, which can lead to work hardening and, in turn, stress cracking, possibly causing catastrophic failure. For this reason modern aluminum aircraft will have an imposed working lifetime (dependent upon the type of loads encountered), after which the aircraft must be retired." Search this and the other forum for cracked aluminum frames.
Don DAMIEN also correctly points out that gasbike on their website is one of the worst vendors to deal with. Go with bicycle engines, grubee, staton inc or ebay vendors (including gasbike's ebay account, because ebay holds them to higher standards). I've done business with these companies (including gasbike's nationwideaccessories account on ebay) and have had 0 issues. I've done business with bikeberry and gasbike's direct website and had issues.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As Don DAMIEN said,
Ahhhhh...I am now "Don" DAMIEN...Thank you Crazy Dan...You can now all bow and kiss the ring and just call me "Godfather"...Michael Corleone, eat your heart out...lol...lol...DAMIEN

Don DAMIEN...sure has a nice ring to it...lol...I promise to always be a man of respect and protect "the family"...lol.

Thank you all! I really appreciate it and will be taking all your suggestions. Thank you!

Is this a better bet?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is this a better bet?

Yes, you are protected by the ebay return policy and paypal money back.

Back