Best engine kit

Brendyn12

Local time
3:16 PM
What is the best engine kit for reliability speed and hills I had a zeda 100 lasted a year but it blew up after that and I am looking for a reliable and semi fast kit

Loaded question, any and all can be good or bad. I personally have never had a bad one, I take every one apart and correct everything that wasn’t done at the factory or wherever it was put together. I have had several different engines from Grubee to no name eBay engines, all have gave good service after doing what needs to be done and not riding like I just stole it.

Loaded question, any and all can be good or bad. I personally have never had a bad one, I take every one apart and correct everything that wasn’t done at the factory or wherever it was put together. I have had several different engines from Grubee to no name eBay engines, all have gave good service after doing what needs to be done and not riding like I just stole it.
I was looking at the phantom 85 but I’m scared with all the problems everyone’s been having

Way cheaper then a car at a tote your note place. Worked for one as a kid. I got fired for telling people the truth . Most the time at these places the down payment is more then the total value of the car

I was looking at the phantom 85 but I’m scared with all the problems everyone’s been having
Mine had been flawless so far. I just had to re-engineer and rebuild the whole thing. 😉

The truth of the matter with the two strokes is you have to be able to make them good or powerful. Or, in the case of the Phantom, get a good engine. They don't actually have a lot of problems. Most of them were resolved when they switched to a needle bearing. The only real problem they have left is basically casting quality control issues with the cylinders and crappy piston castings. Lately I have seen more and more good cylinders out of the box and nobody has posted a recent piston self destruction.

I still wouldn't just slap a Phantom together without checking everything out first, but I would trust a new one more now than when I bought mine.

Back