Best Front Brake Hub with 6 volts for your lights

Thanks pbeggs, I have been looking at that along with the AA rechargeable batteries for the main battery. Do you have one of these chargers? How well does it work on your bike? Do you use LED lights on your bike?

Dan

i have one of the charger units with coil on my engine, the charger module would be the same for your hub,.. it keeps a 1 amp-hr battery charged (sla)
the led lights i have 2 of the 2 led models,.. very bright,.. can run them 3 hours off the battery without the motor running,..

your hub will charge a 6 volt battery well esp on a motorized bike as the faster you go the more power the hub makes,.. what ever you do you will need something to regulate the output from the hub as it will burn out most lights at mb speeds (a battery will soak up all the excess and save it for when you are stopped )

your hub puts out alternating current and MUST be converted to dc before charging a battery the wonderful creations module will do that for you,..

Would it not be better to simply attach a "Wonderful Creations" 12 volt lighting system with rectifier and regulator and 2,500 mAh NMH battery or a 4,000 mAh Lithium battery included in the deal, that also comes with a 12 volt accessory output socket.

uh,.. he already has the hub i believe, and the 6 volt system will work with that hub. true one could convert 6 to 12 volts (at half the amps) but that is not done by the module that is available.

So, after all these thoughts from pbeggs and Fabian, which deal would be the best since I already have the hub? Just the charging system with their battery or the whole she-bang?

If you already have the hub and don't want to give up using that method, then the only option will be to use the hub and make it work as best you can.

Personally, i would just start from scratch and get the "Wonder Creations" 12 volt lighting system and have it up-speced to my bespoke specifications - it will cost you around $300, but it does the job superbly well, and what a joy it will be to scroll through a back light digital display giving functions such as current draw, charge rate etc, not to mention having decent 12 volt battery capacity to recharge electronic devices is simply a """must have item"""

fabian, you have a link to the system you are proposing? because i cant find it,...

i used wc lights and charger module, and coil ,,but you did not specify what motor you have so i didnt go into that
i used a battery i got elsewhere,..

if you want to use the hub gen, the 6 volt system will work, i do like their lights,.. the module for charging i have works well,..

i would buy the led lights and charge module,.. and possibly battery from wc, but in the end it is up to you

Back