Best gear for speed 24inch tire

Well since your the resident "know it all" I mean "expert", throw in your two cents. People usually use a smaller tire for low end reasons. More pop off the line or coming out of the corners. A HT motor using a 24" tire and if he wants to hit 50mph probably can't be done. Your closest bet would be using a SBP shift kit. The problem is the lack of power to maintain the speed unless you're going downhill.

Lol, I'm not the resident know it all, you are.

Lookit my bike w/Morini. See how fast my bike goes on someone else's thread.

Yay.

Lol, I'm not the resident know it all, you are.

Lookit my bike w/Morini. See how fast my bike goes on someone else's thread.

Yay.

Ohh find another thread I put my bike in beside here.
I don't make false facts like your so called super fast "cough cough" bike. Which we all know doesn't reach the speeds you claim.:sick:

kids kids kids we are here to help not to argue and bicker about who is the best.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T COMMENT.

NARLEY PEDALSON

i am in the process of putting a ht motor on my 24" chopper should be here Tuesday (fingers crossed) at this stage i am just going with the standard 44 tooth sprocket once i have it all running and broke in i will let you know how it all goes.

HI,

Generally speaking most folks w/ a 26" wheel will go to about a 32 to 36 T rear sprocket.

Most people who have 20" wheels go w/ a 27T since it is about the same gearing about the same as a 35T on a 26" wheel (26 T is actually about the smallest sprocket that can be run using the factory 9 hole HD mount since the chain will eventually start riding the bolt heads if you get much smaller).

On a 26" wheel, for every tooth you lose off the rear sprocket you will gain about 1 MPH in top speed (actually I think the real number is .8 MPH per tooth loss but it is easier rounding)....your speed increase of course is dependent on how much power your engine makes.

With the above info, you can scale anticipated performance with a 24" wheel.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, andyinchville everything you just said was already said by someone else before. This kid is not worth even leaving a comment because he will not listen anyway.

to neon

you might not want to help this kid but there are others that are readying and posting for other people me for one that is doing the same thing as this kid is

andyinchville thank you for your assistance and will keep this in mind as i am a noob to motorized bikes but have been working on bikrs for the last 27 yrs and i am also building my own bicycles

Back