Best Huangsheng49cc 4 stroke transmission?

One-way bearing/JB Weld

Here's what I did: Popped out bearing retainer snap-rings, blobbed on the JB Weld, let set under a heat lamp for two days, and reinstalled. Just came back from a 3 mile full bore run and (knock on wood) works like a champ.
Barry

Attachments

• JB Weld.jpg
    JB Weld.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,278
  • Clutch shims.jpg
    Clutch shims.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Bell Bevel.jpg
    Bell Bevel.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,209
I've got few updates:
1. The 36 tooth sprocket doesn't quite cut it for me - gear ratio is still a bit high, and I have no hills to worry about. I've got a 31 tooth sprocket on order from King's Sales and Service
2. 4g transmissions seem to be out of stock everywhere, which leads me to believe I'm not the only one trying to find alternatives for crappy 4-stroke motorbike transmissions
3. The Qmatic now has a model that works with the HS 142-F tapered shaft according to Terry Blow, and I have one on order from BlowbyU. Its spendy though - $305 to get it to my door. Can't wait...

With a q matic you might have to go to a 56 or 60 tooth. I have a 60 tooth on mine and a 26 inch tire. Top speed at 7400 rpms is 35 mph.

Wolfie,

keep us posted on the Q-matic with tapered shaft. I hadn't heard of an announcement by Quenton. He's usually good about making product announcements, unless Terry is making some mods to the standard transmission.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

i have a 48 on mine, for flat riding it sucks, for hills i have not find one that i cant pedal up with the engine (and i live at places that cars scrape there bumpers going up and down (mainly the lowered ones but still putting things into perspective)

zwebx ... A note from Quenton on what size sprocket is required with the Q-matic - "Primary is 2.76 X 1 and requires a 56 tooth or larger to maintain a good over all ratio [15.45 X 1]. Smaller than a 56 tooth won't work."

Wolfie ... I talked to Quenton earlier and he said that he has an adapter that will fit the tapered shaft. Quenton said, "The Q-Matic will fit the HS 142F [5/8" shaft], Honda GXH50, HF 79 CC, and the HF 99 CC motors. They are currently offering the Q-Matic with a custom crankshaft adapter to fit the HS 142 with the tapered shaft. The adapters are currently made per order and normally requires a week to complete as they aren't a current production item.

Dan

Last edited:
who do i have to chat to to find out about where to get the q-matic?

Back