Best model for deliveries?

First major problem after test ride: One of the bolts in the mounting plate was sheared off. Buy a bolt extractor or new mounting plate?

Definitely drill out then bolt extractor aka easy out. If that fails get a new mounting plate. Then you'll have an extractor set and a working bike. Unless you live in like a minimalist yurt or something lol.

Update: the broken bolt defeated all attempts at extraction, so after a long time remounting with the "universal" mounting block from bikeberry (which I had to flatten and hammer one of the brackets to fit because it doesn't even fit its own mounting block) and adjusting the wheel and sprockets so the chain doesn't fall off, and replacing the old fuel line (which had earlier fallen off while testing and sprayed me with gas), I took it out in the alley behind my house and...

...the engine runs but the clutch won't engage.

starting to think I should have bought a cheap goped and mounted some pedals on it to get around dc's laws on the subject lol (gas powered scooters require a license but vehicles "with fully operative pedals for human power" don't)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep clutch definitely gross but bell is fine. Can I just loosen the springs after I clean this crap off? I don't have anything to pull the clutch off with.
20201209_044018.jpg

Ya carb cleaner those pads really don't look that bad though de-grease the bell and clutch and try it out. Pedal a few times and open the throttle. it only has a few mm of wear it seems. Must be slipping because of oil or grease. The lower pad looks more worn.

Last edited:
Yep clutch definitely gross but bell is fine. Can I just loosen the springs after I clean this crap off? I don't have anything to pull the clutch off with.
View attachment 101866
There is definitely something going on there, why is the spacing around the clutch just about nil on the bottom? The clutch looks fine, you can expect a little brake dust as the pads wear down. Can you move the clutch up and down on the shaft?

Back