Best Motor For Price?

RvdKiller

Local time
1:29 PM
I am looking at building a 2-stroke chopper through out the winter to give me something to do. Bike is a OCC Chopper Frame

I have roughly 400-450$ to start give or take for the first month

Mounts I was looking these mounts
Exhaust I was looking at

Motors I Am Looking At

1. Link One
2. Link Two
3. Link Three
4. Link Four
5. Link Five

Won't Get these right away but they are on my list

A NGK B6HS Plug
A Chain Tensioner
A Full Set Of Copper Gaskets
A Upgraded Carb And Jet Kit

So out of the Five Motors Which would you pick and or if there is another i am taking suggestions same for exhaust change i would like a long pipe
i have no welding skills so making one my self is out of question.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If I were building a new bike I would try the yd100, I've heard some good results on it. I think it would be a interesting project. It is said to have more low end torque than a 66-69cc.

If I were building a new bike I would try the yd100, I've heard some good results on it. I think it would be a interesting project. It is said to have more low end torque than a 66-69cc.

Do you know if it will work on the mounts because i have yet to see any mounting size specs, and i've read the Seeuteck motors won't work
so i wanna be sure

It will fit in the same space a 48 or 66 will, it does have 8mm mounting studs so the mount may need modifying.

Maybe i'm asking this wrongly, but i am looking at the YD100 since you'd try it but i'd guess my question is, out of all the talented people here would they go get a preish done kit or just get a 80-100$ kit and upgrade it them selfs and if so which "KIT"(Reliable seller) would you go through at the same time that the mounting studs and spacing would fit them cnc mounts i guess is my question

If your really bored and good with engines you can get the cheapest Ebay kit, I think the one I got was like $85, completely disassemble it, balance the crank, check the bearings, case match and port. Maybe some other stuff I'm missing but mines still rolling. If something does happen parts are crazy cheap.

I'm with @Frogslayer, I use cheap kits and then take them apart and rebuild with better bearings, balanced crank and stuffed case. Then do port work and port matching.
These engines are put together with the same love and care you'd give a $3.00 hooker so you're best off taking it apart and making sure it's together properly and then you'll also know what you have on the inside.

I'm with @Frogslayer, I use cheap kits and then take them apart and rebuild with better bearings, balanced crank and stuffed case. Then do port work and port matching.
These engines are put together with the same love and care you'd give a $3.00 hooker so you're best off taking it apart and making sure it's together properly and then you'll also know what you have on the inside.

Some of these things i don't have the tools to do or know how but can learn to do like i don't know how to stuff a case
i already have a few pre ported cylinder bodys from cdhpower

so i'll prob just go with a 80-100$ kit and build on it.

Thank you @GreasyChris and @Frogslayer

Stuffing the case is probably the least important thing to do and is kind of a pain in the ass for the amount of gain it provides. First thing id do is ditch the stock bearings and use a quality bearing like skf 6202. Then slip fit them to the crank and clutch shaft so future engine tear downs are easier to separate the case on. You can also mod the piston skirt on the intake side and ramp the pistons. Matching the case to the jug is a big help as well.

Back