Best motor out there?

Matt Barrack

Local time
4:57 PM
Out of anything people have mounted on a bike, what would be the best in performance? Whether it be 2 stroke kits, 4 stroke kits, chainsaws, you name it. What would you say is the best for speed/power?

Last edited:
Out of anything people have mounted on a bike, what would be the best in performance?
Whether it be 2 stroke kits, 4 stroke kits, chainsaws, you name it.
What would you say is the best?
The BEST for what?
Top fast speed, top speed off the line, how long before it needs 'fuel', how far you want to ride it, and how fat your wallet is.

Gerard Neracher's 207mph build, Kamikaze 5, piloted by Francois Gissy is powered by a home built liquid fuel rocket engine with three different nozzles if I remember correctly. :D hahaha. That's being silly but it does answer the question. :p

I picked the Chinese 2-stroke kit for educational hobby purposes.
I like that it's narrow, I like it's lightness, and the low cost of experimenting and replacing busted parts. I like that it takes little effort to get it to fit into a bicycle frame, and few/low cost tools to fit or modify.
Its the ideal engine for an apartment dweller who has few tools and very little knowledge of engines and engineering.

I pick the Tanaka 47R racing engine.
Powerful, but surprisingly dependable AND mild-mannered.

You can scream her, and it's got excellent torque to
putter around in low and midrange too.

Gas mileage isn't bad.

All I've ever changed were sparkplugs.

Sadly, they're obsolete.
But I've got three of them.:)

I picked the Chinese 2-stroke kit for educational hobby purposes.
I like that it's narrow, I like it's lightness, and the low cost of experimenting and replacing busted parts. I like that it takes little effort to get it to fit into a bicycle frame, and few/low cost tools to fit or modify.
Its the ideal engine for an apartment dweller who has few tools and very little knowledge of engines and engineering.
Yeah I like those ones.

I electrics the best, clean, quit, and plenty of power...

2_MongooseFatFL-1280.jpg

But for practicality
2_SlugoDoneLeft-Covers-1280.jpg

I'll take a 4-stroke.

Back