Best place to buy a 66cc engine only

One thing I can say about bicycle engine.com is that they have really good customer service in my opinion. I had my kit put together around 10 weeks after I purchased it and only then did I realize that either I lost some hardware or they didn't send it and after explaining the situation to their customer service not only were they kind enough to resend me the hardware but I also received extra parts like a sprocket & chain tensioner that I wasn't even expecting. Their Skyhawk kit was a great product at a great price and their customer service is great, best dealer I've ever dealt with.

I would stay away from this engine mainly because it is a 48cc. I already told you my exp. with gasbike so that is all I have on that choice. I would strongly suggest a slightly higher investment to start will pay off big time in future expenses. The Zeda 80 at bicycle engines.com is only 129.00. It has 8mm instead of 6mm engine mounting studs. You should really consider this one. Good luck with your choice.
I don't know about buying an engine from Gas Bike/Kings I've worked on some but not really had one myself!They have a real bad rep for customer service for people that hound them and as many frustrated people do say stupid s**t that they think will help their cause!IMO I have ordered from them a few times now and no issues at all and I live in Canada and receive my goods in usualy 1 week so I can't complain,some of the parts they sell are well priced and I need that being up here there is no after market suppliers and I pay not only shipping but duty and exchange so when they have stuff on sale or reduced lower than anywhere else yes I order from them!I just placed an order with them on thursday past and according to the tracking it should be here this thursday or friday so to me thats pretty good plus they sent all I ordered no backorder bs or anything!

I would stay away from this engine mainly because it is a 48cc. I already told you my exp. with gasbike so that is all I have on that choice. I would strongly suggest a slightly higher investment to start will pay off big time in future expenses. The Zeda 80 at bicycle engines.com is only 129.00. It has 8mm instead of 6mm engine mounting studs. You should really consider this one. Good luck with your choice.

I saw that, just wonder how it stacks to the Skyhawk GT5 engines. From the reading ive done it seems like you have better luck at getting a better engine with those than others.

Aside from that if the original poster is looking for cheap engine only I found MBRebel sells the GT5 engine by itself for $140

https://mbrebel.com/product/grubee-skyhawk-angle-fire-gt5-2-cycle-66cc-slant-head-bike-engine/

I was looking at going this route but for $140 for the Zeda 80 engine kit seems to be a better buy price wise. At least you get a carb to at least run it out of the box unlike the MBRebel engine only kit.

Did some reading on the Zeda 80 comparison pdf the GT5 has a longer rod, I will have to do some reading but I know in 4 stroke engines a longer rod and or stroke will improve torque production.

Bicycle-engines.com and grubee.net both have the gt5a for $129. The one on grubee.net has the electric start cover for cordless drills.

I saw that, just wonder how it stacks to the Skyhawk GT5 engines. From the reading ive done it seems like you have better luck at getting a better engine with those than others.

Aside from that if the original poster is looking for cheap engine only I found MBRebel sells the GT5 engine by itself for $140

https://mbrebel.com/product/grubee-skyhawk-angle-fire-gt5-2-cycle-66cc-slant-head-bike-engine/

I was looking at going this route but for $140 for the Zeda 80 engine kit seems to be a better buy price wise. At least you get a carb to at least run it out of the box unlike the MBRebel engine only kit.

Did some reading on the Zeda 80 comparison pdf the GT5 has a longer rod, I will have to do some reading but I know in 4 stroke engines a longer rod and or stroke will improve torque production.
I didn't know that they were carrying the grubee brand, but folks I know say Lynn@costommotoredbicycles.com is a pleasure to do business with.

I don't know about buying an engine from Gas Bike/Kings I've worked on some but not really had one myself!They have a real bad rep for customer service for people that hound them and as many frustrated people do say stupid sh*t that they think will help their cause!IMO I have ordered from them a few times now and no issues at all and I live in Canada and receive my goods in usualy 1 week so I can't complain,some of the parts they sell are well priced and I need that being up here there is no after market suppliers and I pay not only shipping but duty and exchange so when they have stuff on sale or reduced lower than anywhere else yes I order from them!I just placed an order with them on thursday past and according to the tracking it should be here this thursday or friday so to me thats pretty good plus they sent all I ordered no backorder bs or anything!
Wow I placed an order with MZ Miami also on thursday past and received it this mourning!4 days is really fast to go thru the global warehouse and customs then the Canadain snail mail!I ordered a hemi chambered head,dual pull levers,sprockets,and a OKO 24mm carb and man this thing is a monster compared to the carbs commenly used on these engines!

Wow I placed an order with MZ Miami also on thursday past and received it this mourning!4 days is really fast to go thru the global warehouse and customs then the Canadain snail mail!I ordered a hemi chambered head,dual pull levers,sprockets,and a OKO 24mm carb and man this thing is a monster compared to the carbs commenly used on these engines!
Lookin forward to hearing how that carb works out.

Lookin forward to hearing how that carb works out.
I just have to make up an intake for it,and again fitting the large dia to a flange and keeping the stock stud spacing is going to be tricky!I would like for the I.D of the intake to match the port dia of 21mm and have the tube allready to go but fitting it between the 32mm stud spacing and fitting the weld bead is going to be very tight!

I just have to make up an intake for it,and again fitting the large dia to a flange and keeping the stock stud spacing is going to be tricky!I would like for the I.D of the intake to match the port dia of 21mm and have the tube allready to go but fitting it between the 32mm stud spacing and fitting the weld bead is going to be very tight!
To bad you don't have the 40mm intake spacing. would have made your job easier. Probably could have matched the id of the venturi.

To bad you don't have the 40mm intake spacing. would have made your job easier. Probably could have matched the id of the venturi.
So true I still have one more 32mm intake engine ready to race then I'm switching to the 40mm Grubee cylinders and cranks and when I switch to those yes the dia will be matched to the venturi!

Back