Best place to buy a 66cc engine only

micromaster22

Local time
12:42 AM
This old engine has been through a lot. Wanting to buy another one for my set up. I have been looking at the Jet 66cc engine on gasbike. Is gasbike a good seller? Shipping fast?
Just to clarify. Im looking for the basic 66cc engine that come in most kits. Unless i can find something better for no more than 80 including shipping.

https://www.gasbike.net/collections...jet-66cc-80cc-black-finish-bicycle-engine-kit

Last edited:
Honestly I would steer clear of Gasbike.net they are the same company as Kings Motor Bikes, and Raw-Motors and they are slow to ship, if they even ship, never answer phone calls, never reply to emails. They take your money on a in stock item then it switches a week later to out of stock/back ordered.

I bought a GT2A frame from them like 3 months ago, after a week of no shipping confirmation I called them five times at Raw-Motors. I also called their alternative number listed at GasBike and never got an answer sat on hold from the start for 15 minutes before it went to voicemail. I left message but to this day never received a call back. I went to email them to cancel my order and my email bounced as they blocked my email after all my calls (I emailed them initially on Wed asking them for a status update then called them on Friday after no email reply). Needless to say I had to go to my credit union and file for a fraudulent charge. To this day my order still says "back ordered" under status.

If I were you I would avoid them.

Personally I would use places like Bicycle-Engine as they shipped my frame to me in 1 week after I placed my order on a Saturday I had it on Friday. Another place to check would be MBRebel.com.

I never used this place here but I did a search for superrat engines to find out more about them and I came across this site sadly they don't sell just the engine (I'm looking for just the engine as well)

www.zone8cycling.com

I'd be looking for a 40mm stroke and 40mm intake motor these days - lot of improvement over the old 38mm stuff. I'm getting kits from 'umoto', but haven't looked for just motors there.

I'd be looking for a 40mm stroke and 40mm intake motor these days - lot of improvement over the old 38mm stuff. I'm getting kits from 'umoto', but haven't looked for just motors there.

I thought all new production 66cc engines were set up with the 40mm intake?

This old engine has been through a lot. Wanting to buy another one for my set up. I have been looking at the Jet 66cc engine on gasbike. Is gasbike a good seller? Shipping fast?
Just to clarify. Im looking for the basic 66cc engine that come in most kits. Unless i can find something better for no more than 80 including shipping.

https://www.gasbike.net/collections...jet-66cc-80cc-black-finish-bicycle-engine-kit

My Dax supplied engine is running like a champ.

I thought all new production 66cc engines were set up with the 40mm intake?
Nope the Zeda motors have them. And also in the other thread you mentioned about gt5's as true Skyhawk engines. Others use the name gt5 but the only place you can get true Skyhawk engines are at bicycle engines,com unless you live in Canada.

Nope the Zeda motors have them. And also in the other thread you mentioned about gt5's as true Skyhawk engines. Others use the name gt5 but the only place you can get true Skyhawk engines are at bicycle engines,com unless you live in Canada.

Yep that's who I am probably going to buy from. They ship pretty fast they got my frame to me in less than 7 days. I just wish they sold the engine as a engine only vs a kit. Half the stuff they sell in the kit I probably would never use.

not sure the 40mm intake helps, but why not try it
40mm stroke definitely helps - best to ask in an email before ordering

Back