Best Place to buy engine and performance carb?

lilsmokey

Local time
2:37 PM
Hey guys my old engine has crapped out om me and im done putting money into it trying to get it running. So ive decided just to buy a new engine and use my old engine as parts.

So im wondering where is the best place to buy a cheap 66/80cc engine (around $150) and a cheap performance carburetor.

Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Im about 165 pounds and 6'2 and i have a peugeot hurricane creek road bike (no suspension). Would a 66/80cc 2 stroke engine be better or a 48/49cc engine work to? Im on a pretty tight budget (aren't we all) so id like to keep it cheap but good.

i always say. stick with the 48.

bigger is not better.

the stock carb is fine.

get a proper exhaust. tuned pipe, expansion chamber, whatever you call it, its the most worthwhile performance mod you can just bolt on...

otherwise, all engines are the same. vendors arent. some have bright stickers that somehow justify a 200% mark up over others.

48cc 2 stroke or 4 stroke? In full size motorcycles (Dirt bikes) I prefer having a 4 stroke but what are the differences between the 2 and 4 stroke 48cc engines?

2 stroke ht... longevity/reliability is more a matter of luck.cheap enough to buy a spare engine anyways if you rely on them. fits almost any frame and can be riding in an hour if youre a clever cocky :giggle: can be loud and smelly and obnoxious but they do the job :)

4stroke... high initial cost, kits are expensive, unless you can make the mounts and reduction yourself. same goes for 2 stroke brushcutter style engines,except the price.

a good 4stroke is powerful, economical, quiet,reliable... just awkward to mount.

Back