Best Sealer Against Old Paper Gaskets

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

I think I'd like to use a sealer for reassembly against older paper gaskets.
Any recommends?

Thanks, will check them out.
I'm not saying they are the best, but as a certified technician it's what I find best. If you never have worked with permatex #2 you might find it a mess, but good. It's a gasket sealer that never really gets hard, it's great in places with extreme vibrations.

I'm not saying they are the best, but as a certified technician it's what I find best. If you never have worked with permatex #2 you might find it a mess, but good. It's a gasket sealer that never really gets hard, it's great in places with extreme vibrations.
Thanks, will check them out.
But still use the right torque specs.

I think I'd like to use a sealer for reassembly against older paper gaskets.
Any recommends?

This stuff is just as good as Permatex and it's a couple $ cheaper. It comes in gray too Found at Auto Parts Stores
I use it
DSCF7593.JPG

I personally would advise against using gasket sealer if you have to keep using a ethanol added fuel. I say this is because you'll be rebuilding your carburetor in few months from now. This was the very reason I started carrying a spare carb. You'll need to order several K20-WYL rebuild kits. Install an inline fuel valve as well unless your tank is still connected to the bottom side of your engine.

Fortunately for me they started selling a 100% grade gas here in my town. However, I still carry a spare carb now just in case I need it.

Back