Best solution for 8 mm head studs...

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
12:25 AM
For a 67cc HT engine. Basically the only fastener I haven't replaced, just failed.

Where/what has been determined to be the best replacement 8 mm head studs?

I have been pondering this as well as i have upped the compression by using a .019 versus the stock .057 thou head gasket. The bolt supply place down the road from where i work has 10.8 grade(metric grading) ready rod in 8 mm. Just cut to length.
just my 2 cents

I have been pondering this as well as i have upped the compression by using a .019 versus the stock .057 thou head gasket. The bolt supply place down the road from where i work has 10.8 grade(metric grading) ready rod in 8 mm. Just cut to length.
just my 2 cents

We Just Re tap Too 1/4 20 Loctite And call it a day.

cheers:)

Bob

umm, 1/4 is0.250 thou and 6mm is 0.236 thou. For 8mm studs you would have to go bigger say 3/8'' safely.

umm, 1/4 is0.250 thou and 6mm is 0.236 thou. For 8mm studs you would have to go bigger say 3/8'' safely.

When I wrote the reply I knew someone would breakout the specs and your Correct.:)
I can see your Concern As I had the Same On the First one I tried Many Moons Ago..But after Doing so many with Great Results its the first thing we Do to the rear Bolts Of the motor on certain Bikes .Blue Loctite seals The deal.And if any thing Happens then we Drill to fit a 3/8 Thread.

Cheers:)

Bob

Follow up:

I bought threaded 8mmx1.00 rod material in 8.8 bolt equivalent strength. (Didn't see any 10.8). Cut to length. Loctited in block. I used a new flat washer and a wave washer and new hardened nuts. Torqued to 15 ft-lbs.

I had to reuse my head gasket - didn't have a new one. I did the aluminum spray paint coating trick on both sides.

Started instantly and bike runs better than it ever has.

hi; i found 6mm bolts at ace, for studs just cut off head. mitch

I never seem to have a problem findng 6mm studs....True Value has 'em too. Smart guy (not me) would have bought a stick of 6mmX1.00 Allthread as well!

Back