Best Source for 2-Stroke Oil

FrizzleFried

Local time
8:12 AM
OK... who has the best source (online) for QUALITY 2-stroke oil.

I currently use the Wally World "brand" 2-stroke stuff because that is what is available to me at a reasonable price. Can I get a better-bang-for-the-buck somewhere else?

Amsoil Dominator, for longevity, low/no smoke, wally world is fine, it just smokes, i run it in weedeaters, and stuff that doesnt matter, but my good weedeater, i stihl, is 12 yrs old now, and has thousands of hours, and hasnt fouled one plug, but the wally world tends to put a bit of oil in my expansion pipe. i like dominator, but im running wallyworld in my 2 stroke scooter, and it doesnt make a difference in power, just smoke, and plug fouls occasionally... it is cheaper in a large quantity. honorable mention, stihl brand 2stroke oil, i dont remember the price, but it was pretty good. bottom line, you get what you pay for, and synthetic is best.

Bang for your buck the Walmart stuff works perfectly fine. (at 13$ a gallon, it'll last you the longest while being the cheapest price) if you want quality 2-stroke oil, Amsoil dominator, interceptor, or Sabor is going to be the best your money can get, but you are paying for it. Local Powersports dealers should have some in stock, otherwise, find an independent dealer (usually its a cheaper price) intercepotor is going to be the best bang for your buck at 62$ a gallon (48 if you go preferred member)

VP Racing synthetic is my go-to. Can be found at Walmart or most other retailers, cost isn't too crazy, and it burns relatively clean. 16 ounces costs about 8 bucks.

I liked the old green stuff, generic 2 cycle outboard motor oil, but I can't find it any more :( I think Penzoil Multi-Purpose 2 Cycle oil is non-synthetic (not sure). I'm staying away from synthetic (personal choice). I used some of my original break-in mix (Amsoil 16:1) in my Homelite XL12 one time. The fuel started boiling in the tank and spewing out the cap breather. I just don't think synthetic works as well as petroleum-based oils.

oil-meme-jpg.3715039

This is for the Phantom... gotta go non-syntetic for warranty purposes.
You might want to read their manual again since they tell you what they want you to use with it...I have posted this many times already.

The ZTMoto Phantom 85 tech manual actually specifies CONVENTIONAL Valvoline 2 stroke racing oil or Valvoline 2 stroke multi-purpose oil.
They actually highly recommend and prefer you use either Valvoline 2 cycle Racing Oil, or at the very least, Valvoline 2 cycle multi-purpose oil.

On page thirteen of the manual:
Valvoline “Two Stroke Racing Oil” is highly recommended. Use Valvoline “Two Stroke Oil” as an
alternative which is readily available at most Coles, Woolworths and Bunning’s stores.

I get that... but I don't have a source for Valvoline Racing Oil and anything I find online is insanely expensive. Of course Amazon doesn't carry it either... so...

...and FWIW we don't have a "Coles.. Woolworths... or Bunning" store in the neighborhood.

:)

Back