Best Spoke 26" Rear Wheel

FrizzleFried

Local time
12:21 AM
Can anyone recommend a rear wheel for these things? Spokes preferred ... something I can use my hub sprocket kit with. Coaster Brake preferred. Heavy Duty required as I am just north of 280lbs.

I don't have any experience with them but if I had the money I'd like to try one. They are gemini wheels

I think the only economical upgrade for our MB's is a mag wheel. I like my mag wheels. My only problems are ones that I caused by not knowing what I am doing. Others have differing opinions though.

A high quality 14g spoke can be stronger than a low quality 10g spoke. Using a hub adapter instead of a rag joint can also mean less stress on the spokes. A large person should be using double walled rims. If one is going to build a wheel to handle a large person they should get rid of that coaster hub. I personally would replace it with a 3 or 5 speed internal geared hub. And at least add rim brakes.

Do you have the equipment and skills to build a wheel? If not invest in a high quality built one.

I like grubee HD rear wheels, they are double wall 12guage spokes, you can run disk brake or rim brake or both. They are reasonably priced. You can run a hub adapter on this wheel, or you can bolt certain sprockets right to the hub itself. It also uses sealed wheel bearings in the hub as well.

This is one of the largest selection of wheels that I have seen from one source, You will have to call to decipher the tech specs and find 12 ga spokes
I may do that. My problem is the same as OPs. I broke a spoke from chain rubbing and want to replace my rear wheel. No emergency need, it'll be fine for the time being but want something more reliable.

The specs are truly baffling to me. Way too many acronyms I don't understand, I'm not from the bicycle world.

Back