Best Spoke 26" Rear Wheel

I currently have a coaster rear... with a 1.5" hub. Is it possible to get a non-coaster rear wheel with the same size hub? What size would that be in MM (it seems most rims are sold that way?)... I ask because I have a hub adapter for my sprocket. Of course it's designed for the 1.5" hub...

It would sorta blow to have to purchase another hub.

Hell, we're now getting to where the mag wheel option is sounding interesting. The problem with the mag wheel option is that I don't have disc brakes nor is my frame setup for disc brakes... which means again... more expense.

Honestly... I'm not looking to race this thing... I tend to just cruise 18-23 mph or so. While I am probably 25 lbs heaver than him, by brother has managed to put hundreds of miles on his bikes (thousands maybe)... I've not even gotten to 50 miles on this one yet. >sigh<

It's strange... everything about the engine is inexpensive... yet it seems that when you move over to the bike side that's not the case when you're looking for anything north of cheap-ass Wally-World quality.
A safe built bike is much cheaper than a trip to the hospital.

I learned the hard way! I dont believe you are supposed to run rim brakes on mag wheels. Wheels are the biggest cost factor when building a bike. High quality wheels for motorized bike use are not cheap. I only run spoke wheels because of my terrain, a mag wheel would never live with me because of the terrain & my riding habits.

I know how much y'all love BikeBerry.com.

These rims seem reasonable. BUT....

I know how much y'all love BikeBerry.com.

These rims seem reasonable. BUT....

Beware of potentially poor packaging and shipping damage. Every wheel they have shipped me was damaged. Two of the rims were joined so poorly causing a hump that they were un-usable. (these were the heavy duty wheels that came on the "motor ready" bike I purchased.

Attachments

• BB rim problem.jpg
    BB rim problem.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 117
The box of the second set of wheels they sent me as it came off the Fed Ex truck. Nothing more than paper wrapping them in side and zip tie the front and rear wheel together which had broken so they were loose in this box.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 103
in all fairness here is the box of two mag wheels from CDH.. Not much better.

Attachments

• IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 116
I don't know anything about mag wheels and rim brakes. I ran disc front and rim rear with my mags for a while. I don't any longer as a precaution. On the mag wheel that did the rim braking, there is a groove in the wall from the pad rubbing the wall. I mean it itsn't a gouge, but there is an indent you can feel with your fingertips.

Coaster braking... I wouldn't wanna rely on only a coaster brake. Dunno if that has been said yet.

CDHPower has NOT responded to my inquiry thus far.

To say I am unimpressed with Customer Support at this time would be rather accurate to be honest.

Back