Best Spoke 26" Rear Wheel

I like grubee HD rear wheels, they are double wall 12guage spokes, you can run disk brake or rim brake or both. They are reasonably priced. You can run a hub adapter on this wheel, or you can bolt certain sprockets right to the hub itself. It also uses sealed wheel bearings in the hub as well.
I have heard this a million times. But I can't find a grubee rear HD wheel for sale anywhere. I think they stopped making them maybe?

I have heard this a million times. But I can't find a grubee rear HD wheel for sale anywhere. I think they stopped making them maybe?
Here you go. They got others too,

Screenshot_20220710-195747_Chrome.jpg

where the f*** did you find that. I'm on PC not phone and couldnt find them anywhere. Grubee website? Which one (they have a few).?

All I could find was the hub without the wheel. I have no interest in spoking my own wheel

Pick your poison, the first is single speed or fixed hub, second is multi-speed.

I currently have a coaster rear... with a 1.5" hub. Is it possible to get a non-coaster rear wheel with the same size hub? What size would that be in MM (it seems most rims are sold that way?)... I ask because I have a hub adapter for my sprocket. Of course it's designed for the 1.5" hub...

It would sorta blow to have to purchase another hub.

Hell, we're now getting to where the mag wheel option is sounding interesting. The problem with the mag wheel option is that I don't have disc brakes nor is my frame setup for disc brakes... which means again... more expense.

Honestly... I'm not looking to race this thing... I tend to just cruise 18-23 mph or so. While I am probably 25 lbs heaver than him, by brother has managed to put hundreds of miles on his bikes (thousands maybe)... I've not even gotten to 50 miles on this one yet. >sigh<

It's strange... everything about the engine is inexpensive... yet it seems that when you move over to the bike side that's not the case when you're looking for anything north of cheap-ass Wally-World quality.

Hell, we're now getting to where the mag wheel option is sounding interesting. The problem with the mag wheel option is that I don't have disc brakes nor is my frame setup for disc brakes... which means again... more expense.
Yes, it will be more expensive...lol...Welcome to the REAL world of our little hobby/sport...lol...It all gets better once you realise that there is no cheap way to do this correctly with only having little problems to solve or adjust to thereafter.

Below is a forum URL that will hand to you everything you would ever need to know and just exactly what to get and how to do it for a disk brake set-up on mags on a bike that isn't disk brake, frame ready, for disk brakes, with all the links you will need to the actual products that you will need to accomplish this, along with my instructions as to how it is done...I bit the bullet, paid the price, did the work, and glad I did it...So much less to futz around with all the time on these things once it's done.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back