Best Spoke 26" Rear Wheel

Seems a little less than a buck seventy five and I wouldn't have to worry about my rims at all...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
it seems I can use my rim brakes on them.
NO...All mag wheels on bicycles usually say do not use rim brakes on mags because the wall of the mag will destruct on you...They are NOT designed to be used with rim type brakes on motorised bikes at the speeds we do and the friction those brakes cause at those speeds.

How do mag wheels do with heavier people?
My bike weighs 80 pounds and I weigh 217 pounds...Do the math...lol.

I have already done all the work already calculating all this out and built it and my setup just works, my only problem right now was having a factory defect in assembly of my motor that I am dealing with and in the meanwhile have a new motor on its way to me that I get to assemble.

Mine is the tried and true way of building these with mags and disk brakes that I know of on the forums thus far and I have operated it this way for two years now with over 1300 miles before the motor disaster which is a factory assembly fault and not mine...Everything else is holding up fine.

NO...All mag wheels on bicycles usually say do not use rim brakes on mags because the wall of the mag will destruct on you...They are NOT designed to be used with rim type brakes on motorised bikes at the speeds we do and the friction those brakes cause at those speeds.

My bike weighs 80 pounds and I weigh 217 pounds...Do the math...lol.

I have already done all the work already calculating all this out and built it and my setup just works, my only problem right now was having a factory defect in assembly of my motor that I am dealing with and in the meanwhile have a new motor on its way to me that I get to assemble.

Mine is the tried and true way of building these with mags and disk brakes that I know of on the forums thus far and I have operated it this way for two years now with over 1300 miles before the motor disaster which is a factory assembly fault and not mine...Everything else is holding up fine.
Not these. They are designed to use Rim Brakes... right says so right in that listing.

Question:
Will rim brakes work on this rim?
Answer:
Yes
By CDHpower SELLER on May 24, 2021

Question:
Can i use rim brakes? The seller states you can in one post, and then no in another. So can we or not?
Answer:
better disc brake but it is ok with v brake or caliper brake
By CDHpower SELLER on May 18, 2022

Latest review:

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY disc-ready AND rim brake-ready mag wheel in existence
Reviewed in the United States on June 16, 2022
Verified Purchase
This wheel answered my prayers. Nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE could I find a mag wheel that was disc-ready with a rim breaking surface. It's very well built too. The hub and bearings are solid. I've bought many mag wheels that had a hollow hub. You'd look inside and only see the bearings supporting the compression of the tightened axle. Not this one. It's got a solid tube running end to end that houses the axle. I do recommend putting some Red and Tacky grease in the bearings...but it's not necessary. Even the nuts that come with it are solid. Everything threaded is threaded well.
For those just getting into making a motorized bike, just do yourself a favor and get rid of your spoked rear rim. You'll be screaming at your bike trying to get the bolt on sprocket adapter even. Plus the stress on the spokes will snap them over time. Also, using disc brakes with a chain sprocket right next to it limits the sizes. You'll have to get a very small sprocket, minimum 36 tooth, and a very large disc rotor, at least 180mm. Using rim brakes is far far far easier. Plus in my opinion, they stop better.
I know this wheel is a little expensive, but it's well worth it. It'll save you so much hassle.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Seems a little less than a buck seventy five and I wouldn't have to worry about my rims at all...
5, 6, and 10 spoked mags have an inherent weakness where the "spokes" attach to the rim and stress crack and break, again due to the speeds we go at...They are assuming your going to use them on a pedal bike, not a motorised one...That is why I only use the sturdier beefed up 3 spoke design mags I have already pointed out to you along with everything else you will need to do the job correctly in my previous posting here.

I am now officially done here...lol.

It says the rims are designed for motorized bike use.

Attention: Standard 9 hole sprockets 24T to 60T in Kit do not work on this alum wheel, buyer need drill 6 holes in middle to make sprocket fit on the alum wheel or buyer buy CDH multifunctional sprocket which fits well on CDH alum wheel

- Designed mainly for motorized bicycles

- Designed mainly for motorized bicycles,do not need adapter, sprocket only needed;

The listing is from CDH Power which is a motorized bike dealer.

I would assume they would be assuming some liability if they claimed on their motorized bike rim listing that you can use rim brakes... when you can't.

I'll ask directly and respond with the answer.

• PLEASE NOTE 1: the best safe speed if racing: 35km/h Attention: Standard 9 hole sprockets 24T to 60T in Kit do not work on this alum wheel, buyer need drill 6 holes in middle to make sprocket fit on the alum wheel or buyer buy CDH multifunctional sprocket which fits well on CDH alum wheel
Just so you realise, safe speed on these rims claimed by CDH for motorised bicycle use is only 35 KMH which is only 21.7 MPH...and that is only if racing, they don't expect things to run past that speed.

I just sent this email to CDH Power...

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a 26" mag rim set from your amazon listing...

There is an ongoing debate on a motorized bike forum I frequent as to whether you can use RIM BRAKES with a mag rim.

Your listing indicates (in the questions answered section... not directly in the listing) that you CAN use RIM BRAKES with your rim.

The debate is now whether that suggestion means that you can use rim brakes with your rim on a BICYCLE or you can use rim brakes with your rim on a MOTORIZED BIKE.

There are some folks suggesting that your rim will "explode" or some other way "fail" if you use rim brakes with them at the high speeds that you can attain with a motorized bike.

What is the official answer on this?

Thank you,

Jon

I will post the official response when I receive it.

• PLEASE NOTE 1: the best safe speed if racing: 35km/h Attention: Standard 9 hole sprockets 24T to 60T in Kit do not work on this alum wheel, buyer need drill 6 holes in middle to make sprocket fit on the alum wheel or buyer buy CDH multifunctional sprocket which fits well on CDH alum wheel
Just so you realise, safe speed on these rims claimed by CDH for motorised bicycle use is only 35 KMH which is only 21.7 MPH...and that is only if racing, they don't expect things to run past that speed.

"Best safe speed" is not a legal term. How about the "Good safe speed"?

:D

We'll get the official answer from the fine folks at CDH soon. :)

Back