Best stock engine?

Don't have room. I barely have room for just the motor (17'' frame). I know, I've had a Zeda in there before. Besides I don't care for adapters. Looks like I may take my chances on another Zeda. But thanks for all the education anyway. Does anyone make a direct replacement cylinder for the Zeda triple 40?
81pICB6rMTL._SL1500_ (3).jpg

Does anyone make a direct replacement cylinder for the Zeda triple 40?View attachment 91455
Plenty do, but if you insist on running the stock style chrome jug I would buy an already ported one from a vendor since it theoretically would already be checked for quality before selling. If you risk buying direct from ebay/amazon, you may end up with one with a bad chrome job or real bad casting flash or even core shift and they WONT refund you for stuff like that since they consider that normal acceptable variance. If you have the means to make it work I still highly recommend the G5 cylinder even though it takes some work to be proper on the zeda bottom end. Honestly it might make a machinist cringe but you could get it all done with a standard 4" belt sander w/ right angle guide, a caliper, and a dremel - it's how I did it, just make sure you first research and watch a video on setting port timing on a 2stroke.

The cylinder is really good quality, sleeved so it will last many times longer, has better ports than the stock zeda, and is very cheap @ ~$35. Only downside besides having to mod it (2 base gaskets, mill clylinder deck height, and ramp piston) is that it is the cheaper steel sleeve which is more prone to soft-seizing than an iron sleeve and needs a proper warm up procedure - I just run 32:1 instead of 40:1 like I do on my chrome sleeves and make sure I don't go past ~half throttle until it is warmed up.

The G5 cylinder sounds like a great alternative to the Zeda cylinder but sounds a little more involved than my skills can handle. There is a good machinist here in town, but every time I wall through his door I see $$ signs in his eyes. If there is a vender selling a good plug & play cylinder for the Zeda triple 40 could someone please post a link to it? I have seen cylinders advertised for the Zeda but I am unsure if they are any good. Like I said in my first post, not really looking for more performance just a smooth running reliable engine. Thanks

The G5 cylinder sounds like a great alternative to the Zeda cylinder but sounds a little more involved than my skills can handle. There is a good machinist here in town, but every time I wall through his door I see $$ signs in his eyes. If there is a vender selling a good plug & play cylinder for the Zeda triple 40 could someone please post a link to it? I have seen cylinders advertised for the Zeda but I am unsure if they are any good. Like I said in my first post, not really looking for more performance just a smooth running reliable engine. Thanks

Yeah, thats definitely above my skill set.

Haven't bought the engine yet, but the ad says Zeda triple 40 with ZL-40MM rod. I just wish that cylinder from BMW had a round exhaust port.

Last edited:
Back