Best stock engine?

Digger

Local time
1:04 PM
I've been out of the motorized bike thing for a couple of years so I'm not up to speed on who is making the best engine right now. What I am looking for is (1) reliability (2) reliability and (3) reliability. I would like a 66cc or bigger. Not really looking for a LOT of speed, but I would like it to at least be able to hit 40mph for short bursts. I don't want to do any work to it, I just want a good running stock engine and maybe bolt a MZ expansion chamber on it ( I like noise, and I live in the country so I can make all of it I want. ) Any tips on where I can get a REAL MZ PIPE? The only other thing I will add is, I WON"T BUY FROM ROBERT! Thanks in advance.

I've been out of the motorized bike thing for a couple of years so I'm not up to speed on who is making the best engine right now. What I am looking for is (1) reliability (2) reliability and (3) reliability. I would like a 66cc or bigger. Not really looking for a LOT of speed, but I would like it to at least be able to hit 40mph for short bursts. I don't want to do any work to it, I just want a good running stock engine and maybe bolt a MZ expansion chamber on it ( I like noise, and I live in the country so I can make all of it I want. ) Any tips on where I can get a REAL MZ PIPE? The only other thing I will add is, I WON"T BUY FROM ROBERT! Thanks in advance.
well, you can get a 79cc 4 stroke engine, (large engine, make sure it fits in your frame!)
they have a 3600rpm governor, but if you remove it, you can get around 5500 rpms before the valves float. it will go about 40.
that would be the best in your case. but if you like 2 strokes, a zeda 80 is just fine. bolt an mz pipe if you want, you cant really find it anymore. (lots of clones. the chd66 is the best clone imho) mzmaimi sells then in ebay for a short time.

well, you can get a 79cc 4 stroke engine, (large engine, make sure it fits in your frame!)
they have a 3600rpm governor, but if you remove it, you can get around 5500 rpms before the valves float. it will go about 40.
that would be the best in your case. but if you like 2 strokes, a zeda 80 is just fine. bolt an mz pipe if you want, you cant really find it anymore. (lots of clones. the chd66 is the best clone imho) mzmaimi sells then in ebay for a short time.
Yeah, should have added CG 2 stroke only. Not interested in 4 strokes. Thanks for your opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, should have added CG 2 stroke only. Not interested in 4 strokes. Thanks for your opinion.
ah ok, i would go with either a pk80 or a zeda 80 (or a zeda triple 40 if you can find a real one)

Bicycle engines .com has zeda engines but I think bmw has a deal on a quality pk80. Those are probably your best options that have good customer service. Unlike Robert.

Mz Miami may still have pipes available on Ebay. A jog scooter pipe works just as well as the mz65 but you'll have to fab the front pipe to get it to fit.

But I'm a Robert. 🥺 Please understand there are other people here called Robert. 😓
If you're advising the forum to avoid a particular vendor then please include the actual trading name of the company somewhere in the thread, for those who haven't been reading long enough to know which company you mean. :rolleyes:
I know who you meant.

So who has the best big end? 🦴:geek:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
BMW is probably your best choice for a vendor. Zeda have always been one of the better engines however there have been reports of the newer ones having crappy plating. Alot of guys have been buying the pk80ripper engine kit. You get a big thick aluminum head and ported G4 cylinder with the open transfersand your choice of rear gear. Plus everything you need for installation. It is more money but you won't have to buy the extra add ons and you'll hit 40mph no problem. Nothing wrong with going with the zeda tho, they are a proven engine.

Back