Best throttle for friction drive?

corey123

Local time
2:00 PM
Hey just wondering what type of throttle would work with a friction drive setup..is it all the same? was looking at pocket bike or atv throttles on amazon not sure if those would be the same

Gotcha...so even a pocket bike throttle should work probably just do that haha

look s like you posted in the wrong 1 that were add lol! but yea i know the cable goes through the spring..i'm worried about does the spring go on the bottom or top because there is 2 ways you can do it...this add was about a throttle question not sure if you meant to post here or not lol

In your search for the best throttle did you come across any that had all metal internals? The cheap plastic that holds the cable came apart in mine after a race. Luckily it was while putting back to the start, and not during the race itself.

Nope haven't came across much yet not sure what i want to do if i install a new 1...planning on just selling the bike as is..but if some 1 doesnt buy it i'll most likely just use some sort of atv or pocket bike throttle...along with a few more mods

d72hemi, I've used a brake lever as a throttle lever.

First, I install a dual-pull brake lever to control both front and rear brakes.

Then I hook up the throttle cable to the displaced single brake lever.
It has all metal components.

I like staton's throttle lever because you can position it to your finger and it's outta the way. Just a small brake lever type.

Back