Best tuned pipe for "80cc"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJEEPER

Local time
12:23 AM
I was looking on the SBP site and saw their tuned pipe for 64 bux.

sounds good to me. I have heard of people getting up to 10 mph more out of the bike as a result.

can anyone put in their .02?

havent tried theres yet. have used spookytooth's great power . very very loud!!!
here is what i ended up using. found it on ebay for $25 made 1 cut . twisted it to where it fit. connected the 2 cut pieces back together with a piece of high temp silicone hose. made 1 bracket at the old kick stand bolt and 1 wrapped around the muffler and attached at the chain idler.took all the baffles out . love it!! way more power!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 2,143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,677
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,542
Well i bought the SBP Tuned pipe and i will say that it really does give my bike some pep!

Where i would normally be bogging into 7th, i can now actually accelerate into it with some good power.

i give it :D :D :D :D .5 out of 5!

Lol, i doubt i got it up to 50, lol....

It was very windy yesterday (which is my biggest arch nemesis) so i couldnt get going for too long before a big gust smashed me in the face.

I will test it out today and see how fast it goes!

it is a nice pipe though! Makes it sound like a real 2 stroke for sure.

side note from yesterday: I noticed that it wants to 2 stroke almost all the time, unless i have it at like 1/8th throttle....which is normal i believe.

did for me-also get a cns carb bicycle engines.com 40 mph easy!

Is this system now finished? Can you show us an image with the outlet in place? Are there any baffles or spark arrestor in the system? Do you have performance specs contrasting this item with the stock unit (catalytic converter equipped)? Dyno results? Performance figures? What size rear sprocket are you using? Tyre size? Any other mods? If you made this yourself, can you supply a blueprint for others to duplicate? Those slightly curved sections of the chamber look tricky to replicate on the home shop work bench...Was this system originally intended for another motor?

Ode

man, that is a lot of questions, ill try to get them all.it is finished. no baffles .thread, http://motorbicycling.com/f13/40mph-speed-secrets-revealed-11141.html this bike is the testbed. i never rode it with the stock pipe. no dyno yet. 40mph, 24.5" tire, 8000 rpms, dual carbs, 36t sprocket. blueprints are 20 bucks. the curves are pieces of a u-bend, they do nothing to hinder or improve performance. it was built for this exact motor, 20 bucks for those dimensions as well. no.

coming soon
0914091742a.jpg

the bike
DSC01386.jpg

the pipe
DSC01388.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back