Best way to motorize my trike????

If you put the drive on your front wheel then you would have a front wheel drive and even the sprocket can freewheel up front and the pedaling in back is not compromised.
That's how my Buggy Bike is set up.
CVT tomorrow via Fed Ex.
I can't wait already!

If you have the $$$ you can set up an electric that will do what your after. I use a 1000watt on my trike and it blasts up the hills steeper than 15% gradient towing my wheelchair behind it.

Best of luck anywayz mate shall follow with interest as you project unfolds :)

KiM

does a cvt slip in the rain?????? belt driven tranmission?

some one just told me that I need a 2000 watt electric motor to drive 400lbs up a 14% grade.

just like jester said when you use the non-hub style, have the electric motor power a cog in line with the actual bike chain (instead of a hub unit turning a wheel) you can use the gears of the bike,giving you tons of torgue at the low end and good speed at the top end, so dont give up the electrics yet....

Electric motors

the only way to motorize this trike with out much adue about nothing is to mount a motor under the seat and conect tothe left side rear axil. I dont want to end up with one sided traction liike I have now.

so will a cvt work with electric? and what size to get?

a hub motor of the front will crate too much wheel flop, affecting the steering.

if you connect the motor to the rear axle and drive both rear wheels (with the absence of a differential) your going to get A LOT of understeer It won't turn well at all...except on loose surfaces when the inside wheel can 'break free' of the ground. You need a differential if you want to power both rear wheels and keep any steering ability that resembles left and right turning...

KiM

Back