Best way to transfer grocery's by bike?

Fact: No mind altering substance is truly "safe" or without negative side effects and consequences. Even the most harmless substances in the right conditions/scenarios can breed issues directly or indirectly related to the substance itself.

Fact: Individuals all react differently to a substance due to the differences in our body chemistry and experiences. Case in point, most people are fine when they get drunk, but it's dangerous for me to do so as I have battled severe depression problems most of my life. When I get drunk it amplifies these issues and I can get suicidal thoughts. I just avoid drinking for that reason. I can enjoy a drink or two without issue from time to time, and I often do, but it has been almost 2 decades since I have been even remotely close to drunk.

It's all about self control and responsibility, and unfortunately there are those of us out there with addictive personalities that fall into emotional or psychological traps with substances that aren't technically addictive, or very strongly addictive. I am one of those people, and my substances were sugar and stimulants like caffeine. I had to cut out one for health reasons, and the other I have learned to self regulate. I could easily continue and kill myself with them if I didn't.

Reefer will make your do crazy stuff, I saw the 1950s movie "Reefer Madness" :ROFLMAO:
When the electric printing presses came out; the media vastly increased. Thus creating a high demand for paper. The timber industry didn't want to compete with the hemp industry in paper production. So the timber lobbyist pitched the campaign black men smoked hemp which caused them to rape white women. Then such movies as "Birth of a Nation" and "Reefer Madness" came out to induce fear into the public. End result timber became the primary source of paper production.

Reefer will make your do crazy stuff, I saw the 1950s movie "Reefer Madness" :ROFLMAO:
Never saw the movie, but yes, reefer can kill you dead. Just try pulling out on him.

trans_sector_ThermoKing_Photo_3.5978c48017c92.png

I have one of those trailers you put the little kids in, but tore the tent thing off and put milk crates zip tied to the frame and I’d haul a couple hundred bucks in groceries on a pedal bike no problem, still have it just don’t use it anymore, but this was before prices sky rocketed and before Covid

For shopping, I use a 1970s Raleigh Sprite 27 (no motor), equipped with Pletscher rear rack and HUGE, almost military style panniers, plus a wire basket in front. Easily hauls at least a week's worth in 1 trip.
For large or heavy loads - such as 3 bags of cat litter, code name: playsand from Homeless Dump, I attach a cargo trailer from Aosom.
My weekly raw milk run is done on a KHS FF Sport (no motor), rear rack, same HUGE panniers and a handlebar bag for collecting wheel weights along the way.

Back