Better braking system?

M

Minnesota Hyena

I don't like to use rim brakes.
They are weak.
Does anyone have better brake system?

i understand that you can get a worksman 26" front wheel with drum brake for about $100

I need better rear brake...
because i live in colder climate and it's too dangerous to use front brake all the time.
i saw a HD rear axle which is from Grubee.
It uses drum brake. it seems pretty nice but They are not on the market :cry:
131_27_1.jpg

131_36_1.jpg

131_new_products_01_1.jpg

kavid2007 said:
I need better rear brake...
because i live in colder climate and it's too dangerous to use front brake all the time.
i saw a HD rear axle which is from Grubee.
It uses drum brake. it seems pretty nice but They are not on the market :cry:
131_27_1.jpg

131_36_1.jpg

131_new_products_01_1.jpg

I really like that setup, besides the brakes the sprocket is independent of the spokes.

lol... I never heard of that before.
disc brake on drive side
where can i see them?

oh no hooked up to the drive sprocket...
that sounds nice but how??? any pictures?

I think he may mean the sprocket is just bolted to the rotor, thus eliminating it as a braking option.
Tandem hubs sometimes have drum brakes, plus they have got more holes for more spokes....and more strength.
That product looks nice. But not very many sprocket options (who in the heck would want a 56t?)
What kind of rim brakes do yo have? Perhaps there are better options, better pads, finer adjustments, ect. to be had?

i have shimano deore rim brake for rear, but i don't like to use rim brake because i have to true the wheel all the time very precisely. if not the brake won't work strong. I'm used to disc brakes and disc brakes works graet even when the wheel is not trued.

Back