Better clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of gt5 springs lying around. I'll measure them once I get a chance. I'm thinking the automotive v belt would probably work really well. That is such a great tip. Im sure alot of guys are going to be trying it even if they aren't having clutch issues. I know im gonna.

Here's a Gt5 spring
1564907923987715714564402231972.jpg

I shimed the gt5 spring 5mm. If you have the zeda spring I would do the 5mm. The zeda here is 29mm tall. Never measured the gt5 spring but would guess it at 35mm or so.

So did you use a v belt? Which way did you cut it?
Didn't test the v-belt yet, but I have an unused one that I might cut up and try since I think it will work better. I tested a flat washing machine belt, which worked fine on my 47mm but with 8 pads is still a bit too grippy and doesn't slip the clutch well. I will be trying the v-belt instead since its even harder rubber, and then adjusting how many pieces I am using to get the right balance of slip/grip.

Wanted to test that today but might not get too since I plan on working on the 4stroke a bit.

I bought a PK 80 from BMW that has clutch problems from day one. The clutch pads were so hard and stuck in the cage they broke apart trying to get them out to replace. I had to adjust the clutch at least 5 times in a three day period. It would would not start after a run and has been slipping the whole time iv'e had it (8 days now). I adjusted the clutch so tight that with the clutch pulled in there is drag on the pressure plate and pads. I have called and emailed BMW several times over the last week with no reply. Upon inspection of a growling noise when running, I found the small bevel gear to be wobbly. When I took the screw out all the threads were damaged (factory cross thread). This engine has been a lemon and it's very disappointing. And I am very disappointed at BMW for not returning my calls or emails to find a solution for this piece of CRAP. The one on the right is out of my GT 5 Pro Racing it's to short.

Attachments

• KIMG0129.jpg
    KIMG0129.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 348
Not going to mess with that side. Did the bearings and thats it. Dave Amos has a video about the big pad setup. I'll look for it latter. I'm talking about the outer disc.

Hello I went on site to look for clutch plate at Zelda Motors but Super Duty Clutch plate was not found?

Hello I went on site to look for clutch plate at Zelda Motors but Super Duty Clutch plate was not found?
These are the clutches available now.

I had issues with clutch slipping too, but fixed it. I got a pretty rough sandpaper, and sanded the clutch plate where the pads touch, from the outside to the inside. Helped a lot!
You remember what grit you used and how long it lastest after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.