Safety Beware the fenders!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote; "I've also run no fenders, but if you live in wetter climes you need to be pretty hardcore, as you get soaked, dirty, and run with the "skunk stripe" up yer back! LOL"

Spoken like a true Washintonian Uncle Punk..

Glad you didn't get hurt ThatPerson

Last edited:
Quote; "I've also run no fenders, but if you live in wetter climes you need to be pretty hardcore, as you get soaked, dirty, and run with the "skunk stripe" up yer back! LOL"

Spoken like a true Washintonian Uncle Punk..

Glad you didn't get hurt ThatPerson

Born and raised I'm proud to say...:D Thatperson, please keep us updated as to your solution... Thanks.

FastBoyFenders makes some nice gear out of different woods though a bit pricey. Sets for around a hundred or so. Be nice to just some of the hardware.

woodfenders.jpg

Just picked up a Cranbrook from Wallymart and man are those fenders attached just barely!

I can easily them them letting loose in just a few rides...

Now that you mention it, Junster, the PNW has always intrigued me over the weather. I don't exactly like rain, but I prefer it to the two month deep freeze.

I grew up in Detroit. The winters there were not much, much worse than here in central Illinois. But they were one notch worse. Here the trees leaf out about 3 weeks earlier than there. If you add that 3 weeks on the fall end, then it would seem that our winter is about 6 weeks shorter (and a little bit warmer) than theirs.

I can tell the difference and I'm grateful for it.

I'm pretty lucky; I could move to about anywhere I'd like and still be able to operate my business. And I have considered moving a bit further south. But when it comes right down to it I like my community and I like my home. (Not to mention that I cringe when I think of what it's likely to be able to command in this market)

So I guess I'll stick around.

One other thing I almost forgot to mention: I'll stick around and I'll reinforce my fenders. I'd better get right on that.

Well RMWdave,
Thatperson got off very lucky- in most cases of this happening, the bike does not launch you off like a catapult, but rather will act as a rat trap and slam you face first into the pavement, and it happens so quick that there is little to no reaction time... There are documented cases of this, and the resulting serious injuries. I would not presume to tell anyone what to do, but be aware of this serious risk while making your decision...

Saddlebag setups behind the seats kill 2 birds with 1 stone, deflect water coming from the tire, and give you a spot to carry road kit supplies.

I tried to put a front fender on my recumbent, but on a turn it would hit the pedal, kept bending on the same crease, so when I got home it looked as pretzled as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back