Beware when ordering an Oilite bushing from McMaster-Carr

michael whiteman

Local time
10:18 PM
I followed @Deleted Member 4613 suggestion and ordered a spare bushing along with the two washers. Total came to $14.63. What the sales girl didn't tell me.... this order was being shipped from two locations. The shipping charge was $18.86 !!!! I'm more than just a little upset ! The two bushings arrived in a box 9x6x3. Do ya think they could have found a bigger box ?? I expect the 2 washers will arrive the same way. UPS charges are outrageous anyway. Shame on me for not asking about shipping. I assumed a USPS flat rate box for $7.00 would work. Don't you make the same mistake. They are gonna get a piece of my mind in the morning. You might want to order from Grainger Supply.

The two bushings arrived in a box 9x6x3. Do ya think they could have found a bigger box ??
This always gets me, getting something shipped in a box that could have fit in a padded mailer. I bought a large mail box just so I could receive packages at home instead of picking up at the post office. But most items ship Uoops or Fedrex, and a huge truck has to come up my drive way just to deliver a few nuts and bolts ;-0

This always gets me, getting something shipped in a box that could have fit in a padded mailer. I bought a large mail box just so I could receive packages at home instead of picking up at the post office. But most items ship Uoops or Fedrex, and a huge truck has to come up my drive way just to deliver a few nuts and bolts ;-0
Good old fashioned American ingenuity and know how at work once again...lol...DAMIEN

After calling McMaster Carr and explaining how I felt about their shipping methods they were very apologetic. They said, had I asked for USPS, which was half the price of UPS/Fed EX, they would have been more than glad to ship it that way. At the time I was not offered that option by the sales person. End result...........they refunded me the total shipping charges from both locations $18.83. I'm impressed with their generoucity and have changed my initial feelings completely. More than ever in today's world we need to be aware of freight charges as they continue to increase.

I wasn't aware of shipping charges because I live close to them,
but glad you are now satisfied.