Bicycle chain

T

trader

Will a bicycle chain work on a DAX Motor? I was thinking if it is doable this could reduce the noise level plus lighten the bike up a bit. Has anybody tried this? Thanks

It's only going to lighten up the bike by a few ounces. A regular bike chain is weaker, I wouldn't advise it.

I tried using a standard bicycle chain on my driveline. It was quiet and smooth - for about 30 seconds, then it got thrown off when I decelerated. Good thing my bike has wicked brakes! My driveline isn't going to get any straighter, and I haven't built an upper chain boss yet, so the 415 chain went back on :LOL:

bike chain

i had a regular chain snap :eek: and whip the back of my left calf, but it was old and very small. there's been earlier discussions about this, and here's what azKronic says:
"I am running a heavy duty bmx chain (KMC Z510H BMX CHAIN - 6.95 ea from www.bikenashbar.com)
I needed it for clearance with my 3" back tire, I had to change engine sprocket from dax to the one from livefast to allow smaller chain.
this chain is for stunt riding bmx'ers made for high torque, perfect for me... hasn't givin any probs yet"

theres also been some talk of problems w/damage occuring if you dont remove the engine sprocket correctly, so i found this thread for you: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1116

good luck :D

Back