bicycle-engines.com are fantastic to deal with.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
10:21 AM
hi folks,

Just to let you know just how good they are to deal with, Since i ordered my Zeda 80 from them on May 8th 2020, i had a few very small problems and here is what they were and more importantly, how they dealt with them.

First problem was the throttle twist grip would not seat properly in its normal rest position, it would turn back further than it should, I got on the phone with them, (NOTE that they always pick up with a real live person within 2 or 3 rings), Told them the problem and they told me that they have a six month warranty on their stuff, Sure enough, I had a brand new set of grips complete with kill switch etc. delivered free of charge within 2 or 3 days from their Montana location.

Second problem was the gas cap didnt fit tightly...They sent me not only a new gas cap, but also an entire new tank also delivered in 2 or 3 days.

Third slight problem was ongoing but only called them today about it...The carbie, though not really leaking was always just a little bit "weepy", there was always just a little wet reside on it that i would just wipe off so as to reduce the gas fumes i was smelling...Called them today about it, and they just said, No Problem and are sending a new one to me being shipped out today.

They have never once asked me for pictures or even wanted me to send the old stuff back to them.

What more can be said, They blow away BikeBerry.com by a mile in customer service...Im a happy camper...If you havent yet, you should really put them on your list as a "Must Have" supplier...DAMIEN

Glad to hear ,I heard they are good, will be using them and a couple more out there I like, but yes it don't take much to blow away Bikeberry, I have yet to do a review on them hoping they would do the right thing, but does not look as if they are so I got a BBR stage 3, with 12 miles on it guess I'll make a boat anchor out of it

I am no way affiliated or even know anyone there, but I have built a lot of bikes for customers and friends and after lots of wasted money and time, I only buy from Bicycle-Engineworks.com You know they are good when there are fake sites spelled a little differently trying to trick you into thinking it's the real one! I only called a couple of times, and yes a human answered, and a nice one at that. The kits are top notch and for the little bit more $ and shipping, in the long run, you come out way ahead. The stuff is solid, no junk here and the Zeda Firestorms simply kick anyone elses ass off the track, especially for the price. So as an experienced seasoned old crusty bitchy hard to get along with retired old man, take my advice and just buy here, you can do a lot worse, for a lot more money for sure!

I've been shopping around for a Zeda 80 kit for my next build. Bicycle-Engines.com shows the Firestorm kit, but they have not been able to keep it in stock. Is there an issue with getting orders from the manufacturer, Jilin Zeda Technology Co., Ltd. ?

I've been shopping around for a Zeda 80 kit for my next build. Bicycle-Engines.com shows the Firestorm kit, but they have not been able to keep it in stock. Is there an issue with getting orders from the manufacturer, Jilin Zeda Technology Co., Ltd. ?
This has been one of the many supply problems of bikes and bike parts ever since corona virus started as well as the tariffs and trade war with China began...Almost all of these things come from China...That engine used to be just 139.99 it is now 169.99 since the advent of the virus, trade war, and tariffs and higher shipping costs combined are causing these problems keeping things in stock.

Just be patient and check bicycle-engines.com daily, you will see them coming back in stock periodically...DAMIEN

Just as a side note, the last time i talked with them on the phone ordering a few incidentals, the lady i spoke to told me "so your the guy that keeps telling people about us, no wonder we keep selling out of Zeda 80s...lol...of course she was laughing and joking with me.

Ps...Don't believe it when someone else is selling the Zeda 80 for 139.99, its just not happening right now due to the conditions i just wrote of, the last time i saw that price from a legitimate supplier on the Zeda 80 was a year and a half ago. Before all this crap began...lol.

Last edited:
Your very welcome.

This PDF link below may be of interest to you about technical comparisons between Zeda 80, PK 80, and GT5 motors...Its fun and enlightening to find out new things...lol...DAMIEN

It's unfortunate but a bit inaccurate, this was written by Sean Davis back in 2016 I believe when Zeda first came out as a brand and he obviously didn't use any of the current Grubee engines because they also had larger bearing bosses, 8 mm studs, wider mounts even some of the half breed's were showing up with these features and now it's all different again with CDH calling their engines pk 80's yet having a completely different geometry than what is stated there.
Bicycle Engines.com have a good rep right from the get go and have had to deal with some real issues not caused by them but supply issues batches of bad parts (clutches) that easily could have seriously damaged that rep but they made good and persevered so I give them credit for that and wish them continued success!

Back