Bicycle-engines zeda silver slant 80?

Scott81

Local time
8:56 AM
Does anybody have any info or experience with the zeda silver slant from bicycle-engines. I'm looking to buy my first 2 stroke and I can't decide between the silver slant or the FireStorm zeda 80 is the zeda silver slant just a stock zeda 80 and if so would it be a good choice. Any help would be appreciated greatly

Does anybody have any info or experience with the zeda silver slant from bicycle-engines. I'm looking to buy my first 2 stroke and I can't decide between the silver slant or the FireStorm zeda 80 is the zeda silver slant just a stock zeda 80 and if so would it be a good choice. Any help would be appreciated greatly
Go with this Zeda 80 Firestorm triple 40 design...It is what I have with pretty much trouble free service to me for 2 years now with over 1200 miles on it at present...It also has a ceramic lined cylinder as well...This has been my best OOTB experience yet in almost 10 years of ridng these things now.

So the zeda silver slant isn't a triple 40? Sorry for the confusion the descriptions on both the zeda silver slant and the firestorm sounded all most the same but I didn't know which one was a true triple 40 design I'm just learning all I can before I jump in to the 2 stroke world all my experience is with 49cc 4-Strokes. PS thanks for the reply

So the zeda silver slant isn't a triple 40? Sorry for the confusion the descriptions on both the zeda silver slant and the firestorm sounded all most the same but I didn't know which one was a true triple 40 design I'm just learning all I can before I jump in to the 2 stroke world all my experience is with 49cc 4-Strokes. PS thanks for the reply
I think they are both "triple 40" but the two main differences I know of off hand is the Firestorm has the ceramic lined cylinder and comes with a better carby on it...The cheaper Zeda comes with a regular NT carby, whereas the Firestorm comes with the newer BoFeng carby, (which I have had both), and the BoFeng delivers much better and smoother throttle response and power through all ranges...I went from 95 to 100 MPG with the NT to 115 to 120 MPG with the BoFeng.

Attachments

• Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Zeda-FireStorm-PK80-Installation.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 178
The ceramic liner is a perk on it's own in my opinion. Without going full nerd with the science behind it, let's just say it expands at a similar rate to the aluminum it is coated to, is tough as nails being a ceramic with a nickel and silicone carbide base, has a lower coefficient of friction than iron while being harder than it, and does a better job at lubrication retention. It also has advantages when it comes to thermal loss by helping to retain more energy during the combustion process.

Not saying it's gods gift to cylinders as it does have some downsides. Much like a chrome plating, once it starts to go, it REALLY starts to go. Unlike Chrome though, it is actually a bit more flexible, so it is harder to get it started flaking off.

I am a fan, if it isn't obvious... heh

Back