bicycle road rage

Slander AND a Threat on My Life?
Over an observation and opinion and funny local news story?

Talk about the poster boy for a government 'watch list'
Maybe just a forum watch list?
I don't take slander nor threats on my life lightly and this might not be over bucko if you keep this up.
Knock yourself out KC, write your congressman, I'm sure they'll get right on it, I assume they'll research a little better than you and notice, I don't own a cellphone, or a car (carfree), kinda hard to text and drive without those.Slander??You didn't write what you wrote, OK, short attention span as well.Taking sarcasm as a threat, I'M TELLING YOU, you would make a great addition to our current government judgement poll, aces!

Last edited:
What the heck highway were trying to ride a 30-40 mph motorized bike on that has 80 mph semi-truck traffic?

Sounds to me like that skilled truck driver was giving you a wake up call that you were riding where you don't belong.
Here's what you wrote, how is my quoting it slander?

I can understand Troy's being miffed at a certain statement because it kinda miffs me, too. I see more than a few comments in this thread that tick me off.

I am a CYCLIST. It's a lifestyle and, really, a way to look at the world. In the US, society is so autocentric that the natural reaction for car drivers (and truckers) is that bikes don't belong on the road. Something just happens to people when they get behind the wheel of a car. Speed and efficiency are everything. If there is anything holding traffic up, tell that's a big problem. The greatest taboo in American culture is holding up traffic. Motorcyclists have lots of trouble out there, too.

I like when someone stands up to the "bikes don't belong on the road" meme. Bicycles have a right to the road. Period. Users of this forum should be careful to not propogate the terrible idea that bikes are not vehicles or that they hold up traffic. Bikes are traffic!

I'm the first to admit I'm a card carrying a.s.s., but KC builds bikes and makes the above statement, well as you can see I'm beyond miffed.He trys to spin it as if, "well you need a wake up call" when I clearly stated I was "IN A BIKE LANE ON A BIKE ROUTE", beyond d.i.c.k.i.s.h.
To timbones point, and one further, the roads belong to anyone that has ever paid taxes period, I understand distracted driving (my texting/driving sarcasm drving home the point) but this semi driver was intentionally trying to make me eat it, long stretch of road, no one else for miles, he saw me, impossible to prove, but obviousKC I don't know if you didn't read the whole thing, or just decided to be a d.i.c.k., either way FU, I'm sure karmic return is already doing a number on you long before I joined this site.

It's impossible to prove, and you could be wrong. Large trucks are difficult to drive precisely, bicycles and motorcycles are commonly overlooked. Road rage is exactly the wrong response. Outfitting your bike with better lights and reflectors is reasonable, maybe even a GoPro so you have a legal avenue of defense later.

Troyg, the incident you describe is unfortunate and im glad your doin good.
I, myself was almost run off the road just yesterday by a raging driver. he was parked across the bike lane, and i screamed at him that the stop line was 10ft back. he proceeded to chase me down and try to run me off the road, WHILE i was in the bike lane.
ya, i dont have great road edicate, but purposely trying to hit someone or run them off the road should have you arrested immediately for attempted murder.
no i dont carry anything on me, i dont beleive in weapons. i grew up while men were men, and was one on one. they wanna stop and tussle, im game... they gonna have a problem walking back to their vehicle!!!

Sorry that happened to you Troy. I mostly ride a motorcycle and sometimes cars almost hit me while passing me and changing the lane and I used to get upset till I realized that it kept happening but they never hit me so I guess they are good at estimating how close their car is, and although they seem reckless really they aren't, just rude. What helps me most is making sure my mind is not full of thoughts and is just focused on what I'm doing. In that state my 6th sense works better and has saved me numerous times like once I flipped off a very bad person (maybe he's part of the drug cartel down here) for not respecting my right to share the road and I sensed what his plan was to run me off the road and I turned right before he was able to hit me. But then I thought everything thru and decided to keep my finger to myself from then on since assholes never change. You can pull a person out of his car and beat him senseless and when he wakes up he will still be the same as***le he was before. Violence begets violence also. So now I just pull up next to them and shake my head left-right, or give them the local what-the-hell(?) sign. That at least gives them more opportunity to consider how rude their actions were. Maybe they aren't a total as***le but just not fully aware of how their loose driving affects others.

Large trucks are difficult to drive precisely,

thats a load of bull, just watch a loading dock for a few hours. they can aim their B-doubles or double bogies or whatever they drive within half a damn inch... well, the GOOD ones can, at least. drive anything for long enough and you know exactly what its doing and where it is on the road.

Back