Clutch Bicycle with pullstart cranks but stays still on throttle

Tribble02

Local time
7:01 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the bicycle engine arena but I've been learning a lot over the past several weeks. I ended up getting a pullstart so I don't have to break my legs on pedal starting. I've got everything adjusted but two things. As engage the clutch when I try to give it throttle, it wants to almost move but it just sits there and if I let completely off the throttle it dies instead of idling. However, when the clutch is engaged it rolls as if the clutch is disengaged. I got a 69cc China girl (silver slant). I'm thinking I should tighten the clutch plate but don't want to risk anything messing up. Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys, I'm new to the bicycle engine arena but I've been learning a lot over the past several weeks. I ended up getting a pullstart so I don't have to break my legs on pedal starting. I've got everything adjusted but two things. As engage the clutch when I try to give it throttle, it wants to almost move but it just sits there and if I let completely off the throttle it dies instead of idling. However, when the clutch is engaged it rolls as if the clutch is disengaged. I got a 69cc China girl (silver slant). I'm thinking I should tighten the clutch plate but don't want to risk anything messing up. Any help is appreciated.
With the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place the bike should roll freely. When the clutch lever is released, it shouldn't roll at all.

Remove the right side cover, pull and lock the clutch lever, remove the little center screw, turn the big nut (flower nut) in until it touches the pads, back it off to the first place you can put the little screw back in.

Back