Bidwell Pusher trailer-anyone ordered the plans?

wildwestrider

Local time
2:32 AM
Anyone ordered the plans for the Bidwell pusher trailer? If so, did you feel they were worth the $39 plus $11 shipping?

Brian in Austin

That was intentional (I had already look it up,) and no, it was not off-topic. Generally, when asking a specific question, it's good net manners to provide a link. Think about it... why should others need to do a google search to even know what you're asking about?

Lou, as mentioned in my reply to your prior Private message about this, I dont want speculation about the value of the plans at $39 dollars and the shipping of $11 for 12 pages, from someone who has gone and looked at a link that I have provided.

The only people who will be able to answer my question will already know what the Bidwell is, they will have ordered the plans,...and may or may not have built one. That is why my question was phrased the way it was.

I saw your query looking for a URL as a person who was a curious looker who was not familiar with the Bidwell and didn't want to take the time to do a search. Again my concern was that anyone looking at a link would not be able to answer my question from experience with the plans.....and thus would be just taking up space in the thread....and diluting the focus of the thread.....(which.....of course has now happened... (;>) ...)....just another example of how communication between individuals is frequently hampered by the lack of intonation, inflection and body language in text based communication. All of those end up being implied by the party reading the text.....and as we each have just demonstrated,...often not correctly.

fortunately,....life goes on.

Hopefully, the next post in the thread will be from someone who has bought the actual plans and is able to offer an opinion.

Brian in Austin

PS: Just a further thought, had you mentioned that you were asking your question in a helping administrative capacity,.....I would have "gotten" where you were coming from....and all this dialogue would have been unecessary...

Last edited:
availability of Bidwell pusher from Riley

I just ordered the plans from RQRiley and was told they are out of stock and do not plan to even show them on the website anymore. Sounds like a warning to me!

I have a copy of the plans, which I was given by the original purchaser. He built one, and said from his viewpoint there three serious drawbacks: 1) the original cost of the plans was excessive for the product received, 2) the trailer as designed is under-powered, in his opinion - he used it with an LWB recumbent bike, and he is a big guy; & 3) the hitch design, based on his experience, was very poorly thought out. He ended up building a fold up U-frame which he attached to his rear triangle, and a centrally mounted hitch bar on the trailer.

The image and text qualty of the plans is excellent, as one can expect from Riley.

Your input made me feel fortunate they dont offer the plans anymore. Thanks.

Back