Big banana pipe

Mc2Stroke

Local time
8:23 AM
I know from searching on this forum that banana pipes are trash and mz 65 clone pipes aren’t the best but out of the cheaper options seem to be the way to go.
Has anyone seen the “big style half moon” pipe?
Would this pipe be worth trying? Would it compare to the mz clone?
I am a pretty skilled welder with a welding setup and planned to modify the mz65 clone, I thought maybe adding a header to the pipe below could be an option. The chamber looks like it might be bigger than the mz clone.
A39BCF8D-6B38-4D40-8319-59A8E3933B13.jpeg

I am a pretty skilled welder with a welding setup and planned to modify the mz65 clone, I thought maybe adding a header to the pipe below could be an option. The chamber looks like it might be bigger than the mz clone.
For anything to do with converting an MZ into a real Happy pipe...This guy in the links below is the guy you wanna talk to...He eats these things for breakfast...lol.

I know from searching on this forum that banana pipes are trash and mz 65 clone pipes aren’t the best but out of the cheaper options seem to be the way to go.
Has anyone seen the “big style half moon” pipe?
Would this pipe be worth trying? Would it compare to the mz clone?
Thank you, Haha that is actually the thread that inspired me to modify one, I’m new here, I’ll have to see if there is a way I can message him. Maybe he can tell me if the “big half moon pipe” would be worth trying. I don’t know if you were able to see the picture of the pipe in question but it seems like it may be a bigger chamber than the mz clone.

Thank you, Haha that is actually the thread that inspired me to modify one, I’m new here, I’ll have to see if there is a way I can message him. Maybe he can tell me if the “big half moon pipe” would be worth trying. I don’t know if you were able to see the picture of the pipe in question but it seems like it may be a bigger chamber than the mz clone.
The pipe in question has a steeper divergent cone than the baffle cone. If you were to reverse the pipe and weld your header to the other end and then put the stinger out of that, the performance would be better. Not absolutely ideal but better than a stock pipe.

Thank you for the help, when I was comparing it to the mz clone and was thinking of how it could be modified I thought it looked similar in shape especially when turned around. The more I look at it in that orientation, it seems the best option is probably the mz clone as it’s dimensions are not much different and will require less fabrication to modify. I’d love to build my own pipe but right now it’s not in my budget.
I have briefly read about pipe design but have not read/ retained enough yet to put together what you have about it’s design, I really appreciate your input.
I think I’ll order the mz clone tonight. I have been reading Two Stoke Tuners Handbook and Two Stroke Performance Tuning, I have experience working on truck/ car engines/ including porting heads/ cam degreeing etc . I figured after reading these books the 49mm iron sleeve I got will be a good first engine to apply what I’ve been learning about 2 stroke tuning.

Back