Big bore kits talk

I thought they were called 3mm stroker cranks either way mine needs some work to run good. I thought about the idea of using a stihl ts400 cutoff saw cylinder. They are 49mm not sure if it would work. The mounting pattern is probably different. Got the idea from those 92cc engines robert was making.

There are a few diff ones. zedas is +3mm, but mzmiami is a clearly different crank but does not list the stroke length.

Its something that probably shouldnt be tackled until you have built a few motors and know them inside and out. it wont all just bolt together.

I did verify that cylinder is for a short rod motor.

One guy ran one with the long rod and said he needed FIVE bottom gaskets PLUS 5 more top ones to make it "work", which I do not recommend at all.

does anyone else think these are more work than just swapping whole motor for a 66cc or 70cc?

So the mzmiami cylinder is for a 38mm stroke engine? How many extra gaskets would be needed for 38mm engine. I think I have one has the zae 50 rod it’s a spare engine, castings weren’t very good on it and they painted places they shouldn’t. I wanted to use my current engine because of the 8mm studs the other has 6mm.

Back