Big bore kits talk

I could be wrong on this but it seames to me that the GT5 type engines would give you 1 more mm of piston to head clearance and allow less gasket stacking.

My brother in law says grade 8.8 bolts are "standard" or something like that he tends to argue about little things- part of the reason I avoid talking to him. You cant have a 5 min conversation without him butting in and making a comment. He just talks like an ass. He's like 6'3 I'm 5'10 and he always looks down with a smug face trying to correct me on everything even though he's only 6 years older than me. He doesn't understand most chinese fasteners are a lower or cheaper grade. He even went to the extent to saying the heat shielding material on spark plug wires melts when I've burnt scrap wire and it was left after the rubber burnt off. Ugh end of rant.

look at the bolts from the kit with heads on them - they say "4.8" right on top

look at the bolts from the kit with heads on them - they say "4.8" right on top
Ya exactly I think I might order that 10.9 rod but is there anywhere that doesn’t charge $9 for shipping? When I went to fastenal the guy looked at me crazy and showed me some rusty rod that wasn’t the grade I wanted.

ok, but then given gaskets if you have deck height issues, but then run into port timing issues. but already stock the ports are said by lots peeps to be not quite right tho they run ok. would this get them closer to best, or farther from being the right timing?

ok, but then given gaskets if you have deck height issues, but then run into port timing issues. but already stock the ports are said by lots peeps to be not quite right tho they run ok. would this get them closer to best, or farther from being the right timing?
You would need to assemble it to a deck height that will work and check it with a degree wheel to be exact.

Ya exactly I think I might order that 10.9 rod but is there anywhere that doesn’t charge $9 for shipping? When I went to fastenal the guy looked at me crazy and showed me some rusty rod that wasn’t the grade I wanted.
I use 8.8 without any problems - takes some phone work to locate metric parts near you in US, but usually there is some h/w store within a reasonable distance (make a list and buys a lot in one trip)

nothing wrong with rusty rod if it is 8.8, just clean it

Ok guys I fitted the 48mm cylinder on that 38mm stroke engine I was talking about. It fits the only thing I’m worried about is the top ring is it supposed to come above the port at tdc?

Back