Big disc brake adapter?

Most of the discs use the same bolt pattern. They are just larger diameter. The bigger issue is not bolting it on if the hub is disc brake compatible, but rather the clearance for the larger diameter disc.
Yeah I'm looking for an adapter to make the caliper reach out farther for a bigger disc

Yeah I'm looking for an adapter to make the caliper reach out farther for a bigger disc
I saw more on Amazon last fall, and less expensive. I can only find the full hydro now.

Just one more good reason why I got my parts I actually needed separately and made my own adapter custom fit, and saved a boat load of money by doing so.

fabricated-rear-caliper-adaptor-img_0347-jpg.191672

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I didn't buy a kit. I just bought the rotors and the calipers (with brackets) separately.

For the calipers what I mainly need to know is if your original units are post mount (PM) or International Standard (IS) where they mount to the frame. Most budget bikes use IS mounts, but there are always exceptions. Once you know that, buying the right brackets is easy. This is why I need a picture of where they mount to the bike.

Example of brackets. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3745568518...8HJa1lwjSgnz+yFJN3/G3WThiQ==|tkp:BFBMoqHv3P5h

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I didn't buy a kit. I just bought the rotors and the calipers (with brackets) separately.

For the calipers what I mainly need to know is if your original units are post mount (PM) or International Standard (IS) where they mount to the frame. Most budget bikes use IS mounts, but there are always exceptions. Once you know that, buying the right brackets is easy. This is why I need a picture of where they mount to the bike.

Example of brackets. https://www.ebay.com/itm/374556851806?hash=item573553fe5e:g:1rgAAOSwPqNkC7mB&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8L4GL/Cm2a/BwCVE8mfPq0H0xJeHJuDtu6KrhGGUvzpFWZPW90ZNkR/77iDDBO+hn5aYSXTZQmKsBLDaMjw5GmtiTEcwR7xX2bNlpVWTFFxUDggFuErxAY4UbQNkpTF3/BcRurCTiXqFOcI8DZLch89okMQDMgT9PzSojcQRqSAB/NH2BbexGbgAjuxx0+cyfp1KzHcIKCiNVlf87+lf2Aze2Ha2b0pud38cjmRKupTQnbc0xHrTJMHB2miCKWQTxbiAJcbzvc1ABKij+TGMBbajAnVvLFjyoWoF0PcU8HJa1lwjSgnz+yFJN3/G3WThiQ==|tkp:BFBMoqHv3P5h
I was thinking he was talking about the brackets he would need to mount the brackets your showing in your link.

I don't remember him telling us that his bikes frame is disk brake ready, hence the reason why I showed a link to those adapters needed, in a previous post, in order to use the brackets that normally come with the kits.

Those kits all assume your frame is already equipped for those to attach to...Hence the reason I also showed the pic of mine with the home made adapter on my bike that then shows one of those black brackets that then attaches the caliper to it.

He has previously stated he was getting a Hyper beach cruiser like mine which is not equipped as disk brake ready.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I was thinking he was talking about the brackets he would need to mount the brackets your showing in your link.

I don't remember him telling us that his bikes frame is disk brake ready, hence the reason why I showed a link to those adapters needed, in a previous post, in order to use the brackets that normally come with the kits.

Those kits all assume your frame is already equipped for those to attach to...Hence the reason I also showed the pic of mine with the home made adapter on my bike that then shows one of those black brackets that then attaches the caliper to it.

He has previously stated he was getting a Hyper beach cruiser like mine which is not equipped as disk brake ready.

What I got from it was he already had the adapters to convert it but wasn't sure about the caliper brackets needed for the larger disk.

Back