Big end rod bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spare_Parts

Local time
10:29 PM
Anyone know where to get a crowded bearing or have a part number for a better one? The one that came with my crank looks and feels like junk.

Ok, bicycle motor works sells big end bearings. Was thinking about buying 2 then taking the rollers ando a cage free bearing. Good or bad idea? That's how u joints are but they are a completely different environment so it's apples to oranges.

Ok, bicycle motor works sells big end bearings. Was thinking about buying 2 then taking the rollers ando a cage free bearing. Good or bad idea? That's how u joints are but they are a completely different environment so it's apples to oranges.
Stock in most cases is a roller bearing and what you're describing as cage free is a crowded bearing.The crowded bearing type will require exact sizeing or the bearing's for proper fit and then will offer more suport and a slightly better tolerence,that tolerence comes with a price though as they wear differently than the roller type.

If there's any up and down play on the rod if it's brand new then it's junk that's just what I go by.
I am swapping a lonk rod onto a pk80 40mm Runwell crank. Want to upgrade if possible while it's apart.

Was digging around and found 16x22x12 as a size on the other forum. Have to check myself but going from the posted size I started looking around. Found some part numbers for needle bearings.
https://bearingsdirect.com/roller-b...k1612-needle-roller-bearing-16x22x12-tla1612z

It could work idk if it’s best to have a flat surface on the outside or the needles on the inside. If it’s made anywhere else than China it’s probably better though. The cranks with the loose needles on the bottom of the rod, are those junk? It also has some weird kind of weights bolted onto it. I’m thinking about getting a better crank and also a new sprocket and clutch shaft for the rebuild. I need a 38mm crank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back