BIG Engine Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZnsaneRyder

Local time
3:34 PM
Since here at Wild In The Streets we are in to lots of speed and big horsepower, lets post our wild motored bike creations with BIG engines!!!!

All you folks here with Briggs & Stratton, Honda, Lifan, or other engines, FEEL FREE to post your unique creations! Over 100cc's, on or off the bike, it's all good here!

This is not about legality, its about fun without limits, power, and SPEED!!!

My Engine:
196cc 4-stroke Lifan engine 6.5HP rated at the stock 3600RPM
Modified with increased intake, no RPM limiter, estimated 5000RPM
Max Speed 49.9MPH as shown by my Bell Bike Computer, and regularly hits 45-48mph with ease
Mounted to bike trailer in order to fit large engine to the bicycle :devilish:

Attachments

• IMG_1382MB.JPG
    IMG_1382MB.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,229
  • IMG_1362MB2.JPG
    IMG_1362MB2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,260
a cool thread -- and I enjoy the thought of your large cc engine on that trailer

got to love being pushed by something like that !!!

been having some thoughts about building a large cc motor bike

looking forward to seeing what comes in here ----- ride that MB thing

I haven't gotten around to working with this one yet. 45hp rotary, built by Outboard Marine Corporation, Weighs about 40 lbs.

IMG_3118.jpg

Or this one. 585cc(?) Bombardier Rotax, water cooled.

101_0382_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi; size is not necessary if you use the right engine. try a morini or polini engine. they can be found often on c/list powering pocket and trail bikes. it is easy to get them to turn 13,000rpm. mitch

A new BIG engine (not really big lol) for the bike! ON THE BIKE!:eek:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=97964

It's 79cc and 2.5HP @ 3600RPM, so this baby should have more torque than a Honda GXH50.

I just got one of these engines Friday, and I'm awaiting my 4 inch 40-chain Hilliard Extreme-Duty Clutch for it. :devilish:

I plan to mount this engine over the back wheel and use a chain drive. Similar to what the Honda GXH50 guys do, but with a larger engine. Shipping sticker on the box says the engine weighs 24.8 lbs, so it hopefully isn't much heavier than a 50cc 4 stroke. Either way, all that matters is that it will mount up properly, and I can keep the bicycle safely balanced and not fall off.

Also, I need to get a good 40-chain sprocket for the rear bike wheel. What would you folks recommend?

I plan on going to a 24-inch plastic tuff-wheel and I'm going for ultimate MPG and reliability compared to my 6.5HP trailer. Also the 6.5 is way too big for the bike, so the 2.5 should fit better.

I run KMC 910 Extreme Freestyle chain for all applications that use chain. It's strong, and it's quality. I get sprockets from Andrew at King's Sales and Service. I like dealing with people who ride, they understand my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back