Big Poppa Wheelie Poppa

So I blew out my tire in the rear, and decided to replace the whole wheel with a smaller one to lower the center of gravity a bit [I accidentally revved a little to high when crossing the road and popped a huge wheelie throwing myself off the bike]... Heres a before picture to give you an idea:
806_before_1.jpg

Got a 20" BMX wheel with a lotta spokes and started riggin it up, only thing was with so many spokes I had a hard time gettin all the bolts through.. Would it be super dangerous to not have a few bolts in? I couldnt fit 3.
806_sprocket_1.jpg

Then I replaced the little 16" wheel up front with a 26" and thats when things started getting interesting... Since I was a little too lazy to adjust the banana seat, the new setup was even worse than the previous setup because it was reclined WAYYYYY back..
806_new_1_1.jpg

806_new2_1.jpg

Now to top things off I put my larger sprocket, 44 tooth maybe ?? Is there something over 50 teeth?? Anyways, The sprocket is huge for that wheel and I was thinking it would have some mad torque or something.
806_new3_1.jpg

I took it for a test drive down the block, and as I started motoring I noticed it felt awfully weird steering it... I look down and realize why: The front wheel wasnt touching the ground, I had been doing a wheelie the whole time! lol
806_NOS_1.jpg

^^ And thats why ^^ :)

that thing has gone through alot of changes since i seen it on that last post. its sweet i like it thow

ain't nothin shines through like initiative .. hats off to you and keep it up my friend
Gl
~Haggard~

Thanks guys! I'm glad you guys are liking it.. I'm figuring out a way to make it so the frame points the fork forward instead of straight down.. Today after work I'm gonna drop the seat down and adjust the angle so its out of La-Z-Bo y mode :eek:

This is the guy that sits with me in the garage and keeps an eye on me to make sure I'm not slacking. :)

806_mafas_1.jpg

THAT'S what I'm sayin' man! Mad, crazy engineering from the backyards and garages of America; it's like a new revolution... hearkening back to the earliest days of engines and bikes.
keep it up and keep on rockin'!

Pofke13LT said:
This is the guy that sits with me in the garage and keeps an eye on me to make sure I'm not slacking. :)

I love this picture - I too have a tough boss that watches over me to make sure I'm not resting (she licks my face if I stay still for too long)

DSC05646.jpg

she's ferocious...

Back