big probs

azbill

Local time
1:46 PM
I am having probs with my engine
It has lost all power it seems.
thought it was a clogged fuel filter - changed it
then changed carb, spark plug, magneto, cdi, even the darn throttle (cable and grip)
but still no guts... it gets lots of fuel cause its coming out of air filter but barely lopes along at 10-15
I think it's bad compression and have been calling dax all day but just get machine
can anyone give any advise?

azkronic said:
I am having probs with my engine
It has lost all power it seems.
thought it was a clogged fuel filter - changed it
then changed carb, spark plug, magneto, cdi, even the darn throttle (cable and grip)
but still no guts... it gets lots of fuel cause its coming out of air filter but barely lopes along at 10-15
I think it's bad compression and have been calling dax all day but just get machine
can anyone give any advise?
if you have gas coming out the air filter, sounds like your float or needle valve is stuck.

I think it is fixed :)
I was running a pretty long exhaust that I got welded for to much money and it had cracked all the way around at the big nut/flange muffler connection.
I had been running that way for about a week and didnt notice anything but more noise, I didn't realize what a power robber that was until I bent a stock exhaust enough to fit my frame (another pain in the butt).
it seems to run quieter and with more power than ever :D :D
backpressure to the rescue !!!
thanks for the advice
I had already checked for blowbyes anywhere and snugged all bolts/nuts. Only oil was from exhaust gasket which I wasnt worried about cause pipe was broke

I did the same thing as you did on my stingray with Garys chopper muffler on ebay for the OOC it's a great muffler but it is too long and Very noisy! ( I loved the sound but fear it was attracting to much attention for people to call the cops on me). bent the stock muffler and it was soooo much less noise and ran so smooth :)

P.S Your bike is very nice was kinda the aim I was going to go with my bike chopper ;p.

Back