Carby Bigger carb and intake?

Local time
6:08 AM
Hey so theoretically speaking I'm seeking a bigger carb to feed my engine.

What's the best car someone can get for less then $50.00 with intake.

I like a nice off the line tug, and besides that I hate the my air box always fawking up...

Thinking about 17-20 mm intake get back some of those old ponies.

I just also ordered a banana pipe which will be spliced at the tip and modified for a more banana shape vs the flat base bottom.

Possibly just cut the nub off and add extra holes in the base to free up some breathe without chopping the bottom fully off.

a carb mixes fuel to match the air flow - I've seen many big carbs that do not get any more flow after about 1/2 throttle, so begin to fail at getting the right mix after that

not sure, as I've not done a reed

with big carbs, I just mod the throttle to stop at 1/2 which gives motor all it will take anyway, then if other things are done to increase flow, more throttle travel can be added later

not sure, as I've not done a reed

with big carbs, I just mod the throttle to stop at 1/2 which gives motor all it will take anyway, then if other things are done to increase flow, more throttle travel can be added later

Seen a guy do a plug in and play with just the Reed alone however I did not see anything in regards to piston plug and play means unmodified.

But I do need reeds, this splooge filter stuff at certain ratios suck it doesn't do so well on 25 to 1 maybe was a poor mix day. It loves above 25:1 ratio and 16:1 but runs like crap on 25:1 hopefully my banana pipe fits but check this new bike.

2007 specialized hardrock,

1521583895880101312961.jpg

looks like a tight fit

I always run 32:1

Yeah I'm pretty sure she'll fit though, probably change the angle of the head, at most it's a 17 inch open frame the 13 wouldn't work so I took the 17.

Isn't it like 13 inches required to clear the frame though so that's about 4 degrees of angle play probably will require flipping the intake as well or running a hose line for it.

Will be disassembling it tonight.
The Banana will be the worst to fit

CNS carbs seem to have good affects, I got more toque, but same top end by putting it on my bike. It is more complicated than the NT and is more similar to Mikuni carb. Not bad for 25$ but they definitely have their flaws, they are more complicated to tune, and the clamp on them is prone to breaking, I have 3 and 2 of them have broken clamps, while the other won't idle right. Kinda hit or miss buying them as one of mine has some kind of error that wont allow it to work right. I had the clamp break on me 10 miles from home once. I was able to jam a stick in between the air filter and the frame to keep it wedged on the intake, and limped it home. Take the risk if you want, its worth it for only 25$.

CNS carbs seem to have good affects, I got more toque, but same top end by putting it on my bike. It is more complicated than the NT and is more similar to Mikuni carb. Not bad for 25$ but they definitely have their flaws, they are more complicated to tune, and the clamp on them is prone to breaking, I have 3 and 2 of them have broken clamps, while the other won't idle right. Kinda hit or miss buying them as one of mine has some kind of error that wont allow it to work right. I had the clamp break on me 10 miles from home once. I was able to jam a stick in between the air filter and the frame to keep it wedged on the intake, and limped it home. Take the risk if you want, its worth it for only 25$.

Well I can say this no different then a Carter 2bbl a Holley 4BBL won't make you faster just more torque which is what I'm after,

I'd love to be able to do some wheelie time if I'm parking lot playing in my day off.

Yes if you have a motor that has a 13mm carb, but needs and use all of a 16mm carb. Then if the 16mm carb is tuned properly you will have power gains everywhere.

Back