Bigger gas tanks?

bikejock

Local time
10:23 AM
I'm looking t getting a bigger gas tank for the 4 stroke build I'm starting pretty soon. (getting the motor in February and the bike in April or May) I'm using an Electra beach cruiser for the bike and the 7G 4 stroke cause I'm on a budget. Now I saw it only had a 1.5 litter tank. Is there a good reputable seller that sells 1 gallon tanks? I wold like to build my own tank but welding tools are expensive.

Hey Bikejock,

I would ask around if someone knows how to weld or look into a local place. I went with a 2 tank system that holds a total of 1 gallon. They are made out of 4" diameter steel cylinders. Nabbed some vented caps and necks off ebay. A friend welded it together for me. I sealed them and are pluggin along fine.
bike shots 004.jpg

Hey Bikejock,

I would ask around if someone knows how to weld or look into a local place. I went with a 2 tank system that holds a total of 1 gallon. They are made out of 4" diameter steel cylinders. Nabbed some vented caps and necks off ebay. A friend welded it together for me. I sealed them and are pluggin along fine.
View attachment 55282

Nice! I was thinking of going with a duel tank set up. Is there a way to link two fuel lines with one? Perhaps some kind of fuel valve splitter?

You can put a Whizzer tank on it.

2_79ccPredL.jpg

They hold a bit more than a gallon.

Fuel tanks have been made from all kinds of things, including 4" PVC pipe.
I don't know what the long term durability of the PVC pipe tanks has been.

Fuel tanks have been made from all kinds of things, including 4" PVC pipe.
I don't know what the long term durability of the PVC pipe tanks has been.
PVC plastic is a horrible plastic choice, the only gas resistant plastic is HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and MDPE (Medium Density Polyethylene), it is what plastic gas cans are made with, and what most every liquid bottle in your laundry room is made of as well.
Want a cheap plastic gas tank? Go look at the bottom of the laundry bottles for HDPE.

The tanks are linked, although I run them independent of each other. Each empty into a sediment bowl, then to a brass T that feeds a single copper fuel line. When researching this type of set up there were problems listed with flow due to potential vacuums developing as one would empty faster than the other. I just run one at a time using the shut off valves in the sediment bowls.

I have always been intrigued by small Oxygen cylinders. Cap the end. Drill and tap. Nice vintage shape too. But that's just to my taste admittedly. Haven't done it as I think if I went to another build right now I might be met with divorce papers. :)

Gobi

I've been wanting to carry more fuel as well. I haven't tried it yet but I was thinking of using the stock tank like normal and also have a rear rack tank I can use like a reserveRoyal Tank-1.jpg

Back