Bigger sprockets?

W

Werdna

Does anybody know where I could find sprockets with more teeth than a 44t sprocket. I got some really big hills around where I'm at and it would be helpfull if I had a little bit more power!

Thanks!

Thanks alot! Dax does have them...How much will a 48th sprocket actually increase the climbing power? Is it worth the cost?

Thanks!

in simple terms, the difference would come out about like the "difference" between 3rd and 2nd gear on a 5-spd cluster.

someone who's owned the two can better answer this, i just felt like piping in :LOL:

I think you'll like the difference. I run a 50 tooth on my mountain bike.... never tested it on any big hills, but I pull a trailer for groceries/laundry etc. real good take off.
will your bike pull you up your hills, even slowly or do you have to pedal too?
I lived north of springfield when I was a kid....so I know about them Missouri hills.....and curves. here in kansas, everything is square & flat.

welcome
Dave

My bike can get up most of our hills without needing to be assisted but it sounds sortof hard on the engine. Where did you get your 50th sprocket?

You could also use a front chainring from a cruiser or BMX with an astrubula(1 piece) crank. You would have to drill mounting holes in the chainring to match your mounting system.

the old grubee kits came with 2 sprockets, a 50 and a 44. I might have an extra 50 tooth. I'll look in the morning.

Back