Bike back Tire won't move!

JakeBayCity

Local time
7:52 AM
I'am very new to motorized biking yesterday I was riding and got home to find out when I stopped from riding that the bike would not move again (back tire) Usally I hit the clutch and It moves but now It won't react to the clutch although the clutch arm Id moving I keep hearing about this ball bearing that goes behind my rod inside my front sprocket in dont have one but It was working just fine without also when I move the bike the tire will spin about 1/10ths a revolution and the engine will make a noise any ideas on where to start?? Also my chain seems to not be greased but it is aligned and i cant even pedal the back because it wont react to the clutch thanks

open drive sprocket cover & clutch cover and look to see why/where spinning stops

I opened the sprocket cover and the bikes chain will have slack when i push it forward but itll stop as the back tire moves forward itll stop as the chain tightens around the sprocket i have no clue also the engine is making a slight chugging noise when i push it forward

Last edited:
taking spark plug out will make it easier to see why it is stopping

It still jams and their Is spark I have ignotion but the back tire is locked an the clutch isnt unlocking it as it should..

drive sprocket has a chain and a shaft - clutch has two parts and a shaft

you need to look there when moving bike and see where movement stops

I dont know how or where to start with the clutch shaft can u send a pic or explain more but like I said actuator bearing Is missing from the sprocket can this be why it isnt reacting to clutch

Last edited:
I dont know how or where to start with the clutch shaft can u send a pic or explain more but like I said actuator bearing Is missing from the sprocket can this be why it isnt reacting to clutch

Can YOU post a pic of each side with the covers off (nothing else off!)? And one of the clutch cam? ;)

The clutch SHOULD not work with the ball bearing missing. How it did used to work I cannot explain.. I have been trying to figure it out from just these two details, and I think it may kind-of work temporarily if the flower nut is way too far out (6mm+, right on the end of its threads) but we'll see what your pictures show.

Having no ball bearing would transfer the rotation to the bucking bar/clutch cam
_and wear it away very quickly_.
Once the cam is gone: no more seperation, so the clutch doesn't even kind-of function anymore.

If this is the case you would need to replace the clutch cam (might be easier to buy the whole cover/cam/arm assembly in one) and probably the bucking bar, and definitely get yourself a 6mm ball bearing. You will have to reset the clutch, with the flower nut in a normal position.

The thing is dont know anything about replacing any of this or even where to start and it hardl makes sense to me let alone do it myself!

So buy this and then install?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-22-12-05-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-22-12-05-09.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 238
Back