Bike broke completely in half while riding!

Ladies & Gentlemen

I know the rack mount may not give you the aesthetics you want but there is a reason those that switch to rack mount don't go back. You don't have clearance issues, much higher quality engines are available, reduced stress on the frame, can be used on full suspension (good golly it's great) and you don't feel like your riding am orbital sander. I know most of you haven't had problems with all of these but most have had experience with some on them. I too like the look of the frame mount but not that much.

It was good timing for your input! I found a fracture in my frame at the point of drilling the frame. I have moved the motor to a diferent frame! No drilling for this one, or any others from now on. Pipe clamps, a drill, a template, and nyloc nuts!

I avoided the drilling of the frame just because of this issue. I put a sick bike air filter and didn't think it was to close to the frame, but it started cutting the frame. A nice little gauge in the frame at the seat post, not enough to really weaken the frame enough to warrant switching, but the air filter cover seems to be stronger then my frame. :unsure:

It's a good thing I got the jack shaft and had to remount everything or I might not of noticed it in time, not to mention I might still be wracking my brain how to solve the issue. The jack shaft totally changed how the motor was mounted, so now there's about a 3" clearance to the frame from the air filter. Only bad part is because I remounted everything, I'm back to riding 3-4 miles, checking everything and repeating until it's dialed in and I had just got to where I trusted it going 15+ miles.

been there for sure...

... when I was 3,800 miles from home!

Attachments

• Wyman 2003 070.jpg
    Wyman 2003 070.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Wyman 2003 003.jpg
    Wyman 2003 003.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Wyman 2003 010.jpg
    Wyman 2003 010.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Wyman 2003 004.jpg
    Wyman 2003 004.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Wyman 2003 027.jpg
    Wyman 2003 027.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 193
Found a hardware strore and made it to my evening appointment, may have glocoma, I seem to be losing sight! Made it home had dinner and went shopping for and purchased 2 new bikes! Now for my Coffee treat!

Back