Bike bucking

Your clutch might be slipping also
That is also a distinct possibility as well...Complete start to finish clutch adjusting instruction in link below.

Ok I put a new plug in it and it’s not as bad but still jerking some. My clutch doesn’t seem to be slipping at all that I can see.

In my experience you can only go so slow with the clutch full engaged with these bikes, I found about 9-12 MPH max with a 36T sprocket. It's like when you first start driving a manual shift car (which most people nowadays don't even know how to do), you will get some serious "bucking" while learning. I've thought about trying a 56T sprocket for slow cruising.

Running at different throttle positions then plug checking can sometimes be deceptive in determining a condition.

I run a VM20 carb and it would idle low all day and pull hard and clear on throttle all the way up. Half on up it 4 stroked some on steady throttle.

At 1/4 steady it had a bad lean condition that caused surging and made the bike buck. It took a differnt needle to fix it.

My plug always looked black and oily.

In my experience you can only go so slow with the clutch full engaged with these bikes, I found about 9-12 MPH max with a 36T sprocket. It's like when you first start driving a manual shift car (which most people nowadays don't even know how to do), you will get some serious "bucking" while learning. I've thought about trying a 56T sprocket for slow cruising.
I only ever had that problem with a 1986 Mitsubishi montero. It had a webber carburetor and the throttle was super touchy.

I have a 52 rear sprocket on 29 wheels and find even at that reduction it won't go that slow without get all herky jerky. My guess the slowest it will go engaged is around 6 MPH and even at that it is not happy. Probably closer to 10 is comfortable.

My bikes jerking around at 18 -20 mph. That’s not too slow. The engine isn’t bogging down. I know what it’s like driving a car with a clutch. Been driving clutch over 50 years. Going too slow is not why this thing is jerking

My predator 79 and 212cc get jerky at different speeds and its 100% the centrifugal clutches. Once you get past or below the speed that causes the jerks its smooth sailing.

Back