Bike bucking

My predator 79 and 212cc get jerky at different speeds and its 100% the centrifugal clutches. Once you get past or below the speed that causes the jerks its smooth sailing.
He is talking about a 2 stroke, NOT a 4 stroke with centrifugal clutch...graggy's bike does not even have a centrifugal clutch.

My 66/80 bbr bike has been running pretty good.

Centrifugal Clutch with a garter spring will jerk when the RPMs are just right
It want's to engage then disengage making the bike jerk , But increasing or decreasing the RPMs will make it stop
It can be really annoying when trying to cruise at a certain low mph where the RPMs are where the clutch want's to engage

Ok so I’m still trying to figure out what going on with this jerking when riding. It doesn’t seem to be at any certain speed. Any speed I go and try to just hold the throttle at a certain speed the bike jerks. If I let off the throttle it stops and if I give it more throttle it stops. So what I’m saying is if I slow down a try to maintain a steady speed it jerks and if I speed up and try to hold a steady speed it jerks. Only while trying to stay at any steady speed. The chain is good and the clutch isn’t slipping. I moved the clip on the needle in the carb one notch leaner and I really don’t notice any difference. If anything it might be a little worse

Ok so I’m still trying to figure out what going on with this jerking when riding. It doesn’t seem to be at any certain speed. Any speed I go and try to just hold the throttle at a certain speed the bike jerks. If I let off the throttle it stops and if I give it more throttle it stops. So what I’m saying is if I slow down a try to maintain a steady speed it jerks and if I speed up and try to hold a steady speed it jerks. Only while trying to stay at any steady speed. The chain is good and the clutch isn’t slipping. I moved the clip on the needle in the carb one notch leaner and I really don’t notice any difference. If anything it might be a little worse
Swap out your plug wire, some carbon core wires will crack inside and make poor contact. Get a solid core wire.

If it wasn’t doing this it would be a lot more fun to ride and I would probably ride a lot more. Besides bucking it runs really good starts right up

Back